Dell XPS 15 9570 benchmarks + temps

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by custom90gt, Jun 7, 2018.

1. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yeah something seems to be really different now. Running Prime95 and Heaven my GPU clocks jump from 1733mhz to 139mhz (yes 139). I'm wondering what exactly changed, sadly this doesn't bode well for the 9570. If I can't figure it out before my return period is up, I guess it's going back. Bummer.

Sadly it even does it if I only run 4 instances of Prime95 (a more realistic game load). I'll put far cry 5 on it and see what happens.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    pressing likes this.
  2. abujafar

abujafar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I forced the GPU to operate on the 875mv/1680 Mhz point by remapping the volt/freq curve in Afterburner. The card will generate less heat (it's like an 125mv undervolt from the original 1V/1680 Mhz) and it's less likely to throttle. Give it a shot.

AB.PNG

pressing likes this.
  3. custom90gt

Reputations:
    I've already got mine @ .9V and 1733mhz.

abujafar likes this.
  4. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Call and ask every day. Dell always has a lot of refurb laptops in inventory that are not displayed on the website. Often with different configs

custom90gt likes this.
  5. rskk

rskk Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys. I am planning to buy XPS 15 9570 and for sure follow some of the hardware mods that are suggested here. My only question is... about removing them. For example thermalpads are always leaving a bit of glue after getting rid of them. I am asking because I am also getting 3y NBD warranty and I don't want a case when they will refuse to fix my laptop if they find some parts "glue-dirty".

6. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Just use a little rubbing alcohol or better yet Arctic clean to wipe off any residue.

7. rskk

rskk Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks. I have one more question. Are there any photos where to exactly put thermalpads? The motherboard design is a bit different between 9560 and 9570. I am talking specially about these ones:

"I used 2mm cheap thermal pad for the ram and vrm heatsinks."

ovasquez19 likes this.
  8. custom90gt

Reputations:
    The third post on the first page shows where I had the most luck with heatsinks. I've tried all sorts of combos and that one seemed to work the best for me.

9. BlkR

BlkR Newbie

Reputations:
    Newbie here with Throttlestop and its settings with my current Dell XPS 9570 i7-8750H. Ive been reading alot on the settings for lower temps and better performance. I was wondering have you guys left Speedshift - EPP to default when stress testing ? I am confused on this part as most just post their undervolting results. Im currently stable at -150mv CPU and -50mv GPU but i dont quite get the EPP side, can you set it to 0 for max performance daily or is this bad for the laptop

10. custom90gt

Reputations:
    Setting the EPP to a lower number isn't bad for the system outside of it running hotter and using more battery power. If you like the performance then leave it that way.

Dannemand and Vasudev like this.