Dell XPS 15 (9550) list of hardware and software problems

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by mike_nbr, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmivos

dmivos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    could someone explain how we install windows 7 x64 on 9550. I have flash card (Rufus) and W7 ISO with USB3.0 drivers. Will be all necessary drivers available on dell site. Somebody had experience with it?

2. dmivos

Reputations:
    for videoediting which version is better fits
    9550 4k, 9560 4k or 9370 4k
    I don't want pwm flickering and coil whines issues. which version of xps is better for my needs

3. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can see the W10 ISO in the footer of any post from @GoNz0 . He has a thread running through clean installs of W10 so that gets you most of the way. I think there are a few windows 7 threads for the 9550 also that can resolve any issues you might have.

The 9560 has the most graphics and processor horsepower. The 9370 is a lower powered unit.

If you are going to push the 9560 hard, you might want to look at the thermals threads as this is a furnace. There are a few fixes to resolve a lot of the throttling. A repaste of the CPU & GPU, undervolt are very helpful. But this will throttle when the vrm ambient sensor hits just 76*C so if that is a problem, then @iunlock has a thread to fix that (it takes a bit of effort but seems to work for several "extreme" users here).

hahaha.

4. dmivos

Reputations:
    About coil whine on 9550, 9560 and 9370. how bad can it be? Where is it more worse

5. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Depends on your hearing.

Sound disappears in a noisy room.

6. Tongs

Tongs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, i have xps 15 9550, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM. Recent windows update (KB4093112) disabled wifi (no wifi icon would appear when selecting lower right corner), solution for me was to uninstall dell wifi peripheral and restart would re install it).
    Hope it helps ;-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.