dell xps 13 vs. 13 inch MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Virus4762, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Virus4762

Virus4762 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dell XPS 13:
    • 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10710U 6-Core Processor 1.10GHz
    • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 RAM
    • 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
    • 13.3" Touchscreen 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Display
    https://www.costco.com/dell-xps-13-...u---4k-ultra-hd---gold.product.100516231.html

MacBook Pro (13 inch one):
    • 1.4GHz quad-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
    • Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
    • 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
    • 128GB SSD storage
    https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch

Both of these are the exact same price of $1299 (The Dell is on sale at my local Costco right now). I know basically nothing about computers. I feel like the Apple would be better but people are always going on about how Apple products aren't worth the price - that you're just "paying for the logo" so I'm actually not sure if it'd really be the better option. Can anyone give an opinion? What would the best laptop to buy at this price point (I basically just run multiple stock trading platforms on my laptop and always keep dozens of internet tabs open at once so I would want a laptop that would be able to run multiple stock trading platforms on my laptop and always keep dozens of internet tabs open at once without slowing down)? Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you don't don't say anything about what you want or need, it's kind of hard to help. You may wish to consider the FAQ stuck at the top of this forum and post back. That would help us flesh things out.

The biggest difference being the OS, though the specs are a bit better on the. The Dell also has a touch screen. They can give off more glare due to the glass used for the touch surface. If you decide on the Dell, I'd look in the Dell Outlet. You may find better value there.

3. Virus4762

Virus4762 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You mean beyond what I stated in the OP?

You mean on the Dell?

Thanks for the response.