]]>

Dell XPS 13 9370 is here...and it's disappointing.

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by don_svetlio, Jan 13, 2018.

?

On a scale of 1-5 how would you rate the 9370?

1. 5 - Fantastic

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 4 - Good

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. 3 - Average

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. 2 - Poor

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 1 - Terrible

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think you are being overly negative. You do get a 4K option on the display that is said to be one of the best out there, and in terms of CPU it does seem to perform better and longer due to their newer thermal solution.

Also coil noise is said to be gone now.

USB-A, I rarely use it, I dock in with USB-C or TB3. Also new displays will be connected with USB-C / TB3 and then dock for you with one cable.
    ¨
    I guess you can get a mini adapter as well for things you use now and then and attach it permanently:
    [​IMG]

They also mentioned the keyboard back-light has been shifted towards blue to be better seen against white.

Smaller battery is always a bummer though. And maybe they should have tweaked the design / colors on the gray model too. Maybe a black cover with gold Dell logo. :)

One thing, is the Killer wifi card embedded into the system or is it replaceable with the new 9265 for example? That would be awesome, better, more stable wifi and BT 5.

2. peekb

peekb Newbie

Reputations:
    WiFi card is surface mounted and not replaceable. :(

3. ninja_xxx

ninja_xxx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got my XP 13 today :) Build quality is excellent. no back light bleeding like my xps 15. no coil wine :) Don't really like the rose gold but wanted the White inside. The blk gets so dirty. guess i can live with it. wish they had silver and white option
    I got the regular screen and it looks good to me. the gorilla glass is not too bad, i thought it would be too reflective but its not bad. don't really have time to use it and set everything up the way i like it till the weekend.

4. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Great feedback ninja_xxx. Are you saying there are no longer any matte screen choices? Or can the 1080p screen be glossy too? Great with the coil wihine gone. Also comment on the wifi stability, range and speed. :) And the hello camera and fingerprint reader.

5. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  6. ninja_xxx

ninja_xxx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The new ones comes with a glass over the whole screen. The older ones was just the small bezel so i thought the glass would be too reflective and its not bad
    haven't had time to use wifi/fingerprint and camera sorry.
    but i have a heat and fan too loud issue when plugged in :(

7. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    High noise/heat is normal. It's because of the extremely thin design that you have noise and thermal issues as with most other "super thin" laptops.

8. TheMasterBaiter

TheMasterBaiter Newbie

Reputations:
    This XPS 13 is trash, it oveheats!