Dell XPS 13 9360 Kaby Lake Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by Diversion, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Magg

Magg Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply! :)

I'm considering getting a Samsung EVO 960, for the encryption. Will it work thru the BIOS?

Google tells me that on the 9350 I wont get top speed, since the HW is limited. How is the 9360 in this regard?

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

2. chrisholland03

chrisholland03 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm not seeing where many folks with a 9360 have upgraded to the 960 yet. I do know some folks are running into BIOS issues installing replacement m.2 drives when running version 1.2.3 - an update to 1.3.2 seems to be resolving those issues.

My gut says the 9360 has the same limitation as the 9350. My gut also says that most consumer grade laptops in the market right now are going to have similar challenges - the 960 is very much cutting edge. No data to base either on those statements on though.

Magg likes this.
  3. TSamee

TSamee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As far as I'm aware every hard disk on Windows 10 encrypts by default unless you turn it off

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. SL55

SL55 Newbie

Reputations:
    Just received my XPS 13 (i5/8GB/256GB/fHD) today.

Do you guys recommand a clean install of Windows? Or just start with everything Dell provided on the machine? Wich programs can be uninstalled without having troubles?

Thanks and sorry für my English!

5. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My 9550 ran much faster with a clean install removing all the Dell bloatware. This thread will get you started but it is for the 9550 so don't use the ISO, BIOS or drivers referenced as the 9560s may be a bit different

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ean-install-guide-custom-iso-download.789769/

6. chrisholland03

Reputations:
    Windows 10 natively has encryption turned off, and it's up to the user to turn it on. Some manufacturers configure their image with it turned on.

7. NBR368

NBR368 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I am planning to buy a XPS13 (i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD, FHD non-touch) but I saw some posts on other websites that say the Killer 1535 NIC has wifi issues (freezes, disconnects, etc.). Have any of you encountered this?

Some users mention the problems are caused by Killer's Advanced Stream Detect and go away with an Intel 8260/8265 replacement.

8. chrisholland03

Reputations:
    The only issues with the Killer 1535 on the XPS13 that I've seen were the very early builds, and were corrected with software updates. That doesn't mean there isn't an issue, I just haven't seen any/many substantive complaints on the 9360.

9. Polter

Polter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all!

I've just noticed that new models with Intel core i7-7560U and i7-7660U appeared on the European Dell sites. Let's see how Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 work on XPS 13. I hope it does better than 540..

ThePerfectStorm likes this.
  10. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I left the club and i'm on the new XPS 13 2-in-1.. If anybody has questions about the two, I was able to compare both for a few days.