Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Some Tech Noob

Some Tech Noob Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. ecolms

ecolms Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered a 9350 i7/16gb/1tb model from the Dell outlet store, anyone ever had any experience with a refurbed xps 13?

It was a pretty good deal so I'm wary about what might be wrong with it. Supposed to be arriving next week so I'll see then, but anything to look out for? Already bookmarked all the bios /driver updates linked here, cheers guys.

Also hoping to install Ubuntu at some point and dual boot with Windows.

3. gametime10

gametime10 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  4. jbserrano

jbserrano Newbie

Reputations:
    I got 4k 30hz in 9350. I think 60hz is not possible, but maybe I am wrong.

5. runner77

runner77 Newbie

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, I did begin having issues with bluetooth not starting after rebooting. Luckily I don't use bluetooth that much with this laptop. If I do, I keep a copy of the Intel driver .exe to run and once it re-installs, it works fine until the next reboot. Hopefully it can be fixed with future updates.

Other than BT, everything else works great. No issues at all with the wifi functions.

6. abd_97

abd_97 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I received and installed mine yesterday, same issue. What I'm doing is no restarting and not power off unless required, instead I hibernate, this way I can use my bluetooth devices. Much better than previous screen flickering.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  7. libit

libit Newbie

Reputations:
    DST Short error from bios diagnostic.

I've a new XPS 13 9350 with 256Gb (so PCIe) ssd and updated to latest bios 1.1.7.
    During power-on, if I press F12 to enter boot menu and then choose "Diagnostic" to run system diagnostic, I get an error "DST Short" saying that my disk is defective and must be replaced.
    If I just let it boot, windows runs perfectly fine with no disk errors.
    Can anybody check if this happens only to me (so ssd is really defective) or everyone (so the diagnostic is actually wrong, probably not updated for these ssds) ?

8. permaneces

permaneces Newbie

Reputations:
    Dell answered me:

Solution:
    Do NOT dispatch hardware for this error if M.2 NVMe SSD can be delected in BIOS.
    Changing SATA Mode = AHCI will also allow ePSA to test M.2 NVMe SSD pass.
    After test complete, guide customer set BIOS to original setting so the system will boot to the OS.
    The default setting, are:
    • Boot Mode = UEFI
    • Secure Boot= Enabled
    • SATA Mode= RAID 0n
    Beside of workaround above, Dell engineering is working on a BIOS solution to eliminate the error. The PSQN will be updated once BIOS available

9. iatrou

iatrou Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have exactly the same problem. It says that the hard disk fails the test.
    Can you please check the following: When I insert a usb 3.0 flash on the right usb port the Wi-Fi stops. If I use a usb 2.0 flash or I use the same usb 3.0 flash on the left usb port everything is O.K. Can you please test and tell me?

10. iiqae

iiqae Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    two bubbles:

|would shifting my broadcom for the intel 8265 bring about any changes in throughput and range?
    from the stock broadcom chip to my archer c7 ac1750 router, i'm getting 866.5 mbps. i'm not put off those numbers by any means, but if there's a gain to be made, i'm willing to plunge.
    |and, can anyone put forth a cleaning method for the keyboard that won't seep into the device?