Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ok I will try that out later tonight.

2. mbernstein

mbernstein Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    +1

Actually I deleted (ticking the "delete files") the driver in Device Manager, let Windows reinstall Video driver and then updated via Device Manager. No Video issues at all after that.

3. emike

emike Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    +1
    Absolutely the same issue for me. Sometimes it's really annoying((.

4. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, everybody.

I've got one XPS 13 9350 with FHD for my daughter. It was having Windows 10 on it. Decided to reinstall it to Windows 8.1.
    While were playing with the laptop itself on Windows 10 - I've seen flickering issues and installing the latest version of Dell Wireless 1820a driver solved the problem.
    Besides the flickering issues haven't figured any other issues under Windows 10.

Under Windows 8.1, first of all - can't find drivers for the following devices:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D61&SUBSYS_07041028&REV_21\3&11583659&0&A9
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D60&SUBSYS_07041028&REV_21\3&11583659&0&A8
    ACPI\INT344B\3&11583659&0

And two fingers scroll on touch pad is not working.

Second problem is flickering of a display - there is no a newer Wireless driver, like for Windows 10. So what to do to stop flickering under Windows 8.1?
    Third problem is that if I select Shutdown under Windows - it ends with dark display, but with power button still on.
    Only long power button press helped (but that is not good).

Tested restart, sleep or hibernate under Windows 8.1 - all are working as expected.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thank you.

5. abd_97

abd_97 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How are your Intel 8260 going so far? I've heard bluetooth disconnect when restarting, is it true for you?
    Thanks.

6. MisterJiggyFly

MisterJiggyFly Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I got my 3 position plug today (part number 8DHY9 on eBay for $5.49 shipped). Look how much space it saves compared to the cable.

It seems well made and slides into the transformer firmly, so not sure why Dell discontinued it. Hopefully it doesn't burn my house down!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

7. ghtop

ghtop Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, they discontinued it due to "quality failures", and though didn't issue a recall did ask owners to "either return the used product to Dell or dispose of it responsibly". So I'm not sure how much I would trust this one, myself:

http://www.dell.com/Support/Article/ph/en/phbsd1/SLN297545

There are other similar options on the market, though; and the one for Google's Universal USB-C charger fits nicely, too.

8. Bigmouth

Bigmouth Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just happened to me again right now (reboot loop). This after waking spontaneously from sleep the night before for the first time in weeks. As before, forcing shutdown by holding down the power button successfully broke the loop... for now.

I share your suspicions it's a driver issue. It may well related to fastboot, though I tried disabling that and experienced a spontaneous wake from sleep shortly thereafter. I also think you're right some further factor is part of the trigger.

I wonder if it has something to do with installing and/or uninstalling programs. I've been playing around with different versions of Chrome the last few days. Probably just coincidence, though.

9. buffpatel

buffpatel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can I ask how you found it on Ebay? What did you search for, or can you provide a link?

I've been looking, unsuccessfully, for this plug.
    Thanks in advance!

10. Quix Omega

Quix Omega Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yes, this is the only thing that stopped me from returning this notebook. How the hell does Intel keep releasing new drivers all with the same bug that they never fix? If we actually had to use the Intel graphics to run anything intensive I imagine it would be a lot more annoying because driver compatibility would be stuck back at the point it was at when these old drivers were built.