Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. omegafiler

omegafiler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Try turning off pinch to zoom. I had some minor issues like that with the touchpad before doing so; mostly in chrome. It works great now. No complaints.

2. demarco0555

demarco0555 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah i did turn that off, and it did improve a bit but it seems like overall its a lot to get used to compared to the old vaio...ugh lol

3. SuperSAF

SuperSAF Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Try changing your "enhance pointer precision" settings. If it is already checked, uncheck it. If it is not, check it. See if it helps

When you restart the computer after updating Wireless and BT drivers, do you have problems with BT. When I switched it out with a 7265, BT was not compatible with the platform. Also, I didn't notice a difference with reception or speeds. It was already good and fast. Maybe my router has something to do with it.

4. chankoedo

chankoedo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I am also a FHD owner now.
    Two issues so far:
    1) coil whining, until now subtle, but I can clearly hear it if I come close to the "g" letter.
    2) screen bleeding: [​IMG]

Is this kind of bleeding normal? I had three ultrabooks the last months, and each of them had some kind of bleeding, however not that annoying.

5. abd_97

abd_97 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does bluetooth work with this one because it doesn't with the 7265? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  6. Jaskaran Ryait

Jaskaran Ryait Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the QHD version with 256gb SSD . Everything is working fine . Except one thing which is troubling me a lot. The audio driver has some problem . When i boot up , more often than not , the speakers dont work and all the apps which use speakers also dont work.
    After a restart , this problem is corrected . I have tried updating the audio drivers ,but didnt work .
    Any solutions ?
    Thanks

7. runner77

runner77 Newbie

Reputations:
    Bluetooth works great with the Intel 8260!

I downloaded the drivers from Intel (here), put them on a usb stick, and once it rebooted I ran the .exe file. Took about 3 minutes and wifi came on and about 2 minutes later, BT was recognized. I transferred some files between my computer and phone with no problems.

8. omegafiler

omegafiler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Photos tend to exaggerate light bleed, a lot. But if it looks like that in person and/or with normal viewing, I'd say that is excessive. Others with FHD can chime in; but many folks tend to not care or notice. In particular if they don't spend much time with a bright backlight, in a dark room, watching dark scenes. So you may want to try "normal" use and see if it shows up and/or bothers you.

However, light bleed is unfortunately very common with IPS displays. With that said, this is exactly why I got the QHD model. I've had many of these displays from Dell and have always been impressed. The Sharp IGZO IPS QHD Touch panel Dell has been using is excellent. Of the 5-6 XPS systems I've had with that panel, none have had light bleed, including my XPS 13 w/ QHD.

Any other display, and it's a roll of the dice. With odds greatly against you that you'll get a "good" panel.

As for coil whine? Lots of systems have it and it's very hard to notice unless you put your head to the keyboard.

I haven't had that happen yet. Although many of us have disabled the Waves MaxxAudio feature from a few posts back as it was causing audio distortion with Windows Sounds. I'd start there. In either case, hopefully Dell releases an updated driver soon.

9. JamesFosterUK

JamesFosterUK Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is the Intel 8260 much better than the Broadcom chip (especially for 5Ghz)? And why is the 8260 still the same spec (2x433Mpbs) as the 7260 from two and a half years ago (Haswell). Also which M2 part do we need the 2230 or the 1216?

10. runner77

runner77 Newbie

Reputations:
    For me, the Broadcom chip was hardly usable with my 5Ghz band so yes, the Intel 8260 is way better. I ordered my replacement card on Amazon with the following technical specs:

Operating Systems: Only work on Microsoft Windows 7 Windows 7 Windows 10
    Product Name: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
    Model Number: 8260NGW
    Connector interface: NGFF
    Spees(Max): 867Mbps
    Streams: 2X2
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
    Frequency: Dual Band 2.4/5GHz
    802.11a/b/g/n/ac