Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. ghtop

ghtop Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. C0mm4nd3r91

C0mm4nd3r91 Newbie

Reputations:
    Ignore that. It works with Windows 10. Some people and I use it with XPS 13 9350 and XPS 15 9550.

3. quakerbuck

quakerbuck Newbie

Reputations:
    I need one that is available in the US

4. pkirangi

pkirangi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks. I will check it out

5. help1

help1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone. I have the 9350-1340SLV - 128 gb, i5 with Full HD screen.

I know people have been having display driver issues and screen freezing issues. However, I heard that it was fixed after using the Intel beta drivers and/or the new official Intel drivers.

First I tried: 15.40.12.4326 Beta Driver
    -my screen does not black flash / blink rapidly, but it does blink every few minutes and is noticeable. Sometimes I get a display driver crash and recovered message. Since it didn't fully fix it,

then I tried the 15.40.12.4300 Current Driver
    -got pretty much the same results. I still get blinking. Sometimes just a portion of the screen will do like a white blink and then catch up.

Is this the same issue that others with my model are having. Or do things work perfectly now with the Current or Beta drivers? I don't see people complaining about the issue much anymore, so was wondering if mine was supposed to be fixed now with the drivers. If not, maybe I have a hardware issue?

Thanks so much!

6. KanedaJ

KanedaJ Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everybody, QHD i7 256gb 9350 here.
    It seems a me and lot of people have the same coil whine you are talking about, so your answer looks very interesting for me.
    I tried to find an update for the network driver to try to solve the coil whine but I'm not sure which driver are you talking about.
    Can you tell me exactly which driver is it?
    Has anyone else tried succesfully this?
    Sorry for my english and thanks in advance.

7. abd_97

abd_97 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You are not alone I have the same model you do and have like many others the same problem.
    I think is a kind of drivers conflict/issue.
    Problem desappears when I disconnect wi-fi. On this forum a Dell representative says their technicians are resolving this issue:
    http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19646166?pi239031352=16
    BTW where did you buy yours, mine is from Microsoft Signature.

8. makryger

makryger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got my fhd xps 13 today. So far it's working great! Battery life is amazing. (I did a clean install).

The only thing I'm noticing is that certain sounds seem to reverberate inside the laptop, making it sound like something is vibrating on the inside. The sound Windows makes when changing the volume from the taskbar does it without fail. Any thoughts on how to fix?

9. omegafiler

omegafiler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just stopped using Edge; problem solved. :) Same issues on the SP4. Now I just use Edge for video playback only. Chrome for everything else. Also does wonders for battery life.

There were some recent comments about distorted windows sounds, which is likely what you're hearing. There will hopefully be an OS/Driver update soon to resolve it. For me, all other video/music playback has been great. I've just disabled OS Sounds for now.

10. omegafiler

omegafiler Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm planning on ordering this from Dell whenever my rewards eventually show up. It's also on Amazon. The negative reviews seem to be from folks who didn't update the Thunderbolt firmware & BIOS from Dell's website. Too bad they don't tell folks to do this when it's ordered.