Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anyone using the Dell Command Power tool? I just inserted a new battery and wanted to try to keep it alive longer.

Originally I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and as few Dell tools as possible. So I just installed that specific tool now and it looks quite awesome.

The only issue is that the system won't follow the rules set in custom charging. Say 50% (start) to 85% (stop). I can connect at 90% and it still charges...

Anyone seen something similar? is this tool relying on more software somewhere?

Attached Files:

2. EastyMan

EastyMan Newbie

Reputations:
    This driver works great ...

Intel Skylake Serial IO driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Thinkpad 13
    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds112484

3. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks. The original question is from a few years ago. Already moved to Windows 10 a long time ago.

4. floydo

floydo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I recently installed the AC9260 intel card in my 9350, and the wifi works great. It is definitely faster than the Dell Broadcom 1820...The problem is the BT portion shows up as not working code 43.

Have struggled with this for a couple days. Install problems discussed for the most part on the web are with the wifi portion. Most common thing to do to avoid is to delete the wifi and BT drivers during the uninstall prior to removing the 1820 which I did. There is still a Broadcom btwampfl.sys driver in device manager details, and disabling that and stopping Bluetooth Service in startup by Broadcom results in no change except code 43 become 39 (corrupted or missing driver). Odd thing is I can remove the BT device in device manager, remove intel BT software, scan for device changes and Intel Wireless Bluetooth shows up (does not have btwampfl.sys)!!! Below Intel BT in device manager it shows Microsoft BT Enumerator and Microsoft BT LE Enumerator. At the same time a BT audio hands free with a triangle shows up in sound, vid, game controllers, and similar HID device shows up with triangle...Then after rebooting it goes back to the Intel Wireless BT error. All this is after removing the intel BT 20.70.0_64.exe software, and not yet reinstalling..... Do not want to reinstall clean windows over this as there is soooo much software installed...arg..Gotta say the wifi speed is great!
    Appears to be a driver issue, but what next?

5. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have the new Intel AC9260 card and its flawless here. Intels software works just about perfect and updates monthly through their online tool, although I check it manuall because I'm eager.

https://intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Best thing is to uninstall the old and have the driver file for the Intel ready downloaded for when you startup first time with the new adapter. Get rid of all the Broadcom stuff.

floydo likes this.
  6. floydo

floydo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Solution to the AC9260 bluetooth issue (above). Finally found Widcomm Bluetooth software in Programs and Features...Had followed directions to uninstall the broadcom hardware and software, but missed Widcomm down at the bottom of the alphabetical list Programs and Features...Uninstalled the conflicted bluetooth device in Device Mgr, uninstalling the program, then reboot and everything is fine! Kirkyboys comment and finding some bluetooth services by broadcom running was the clue....

7. PAPPL

PAPPL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, after a little over 2 years my XPS 13 my harddrive lost connection, seems because the battery ist swollen. Removed the back cover and it popped away and the battery looks really dangerous.
    Took a pic:
    https://imgur.com/mlCFnZJ

After reassembly the trackpad poped out of the case.

Contacted Dell phone support, and there is no battery replacement or support anymore (Europe), because this type of Dell 56Wh (5K9CP) battery isn't in stock anymore.
    :(
    Seems to be a wide spread problem, there are a lot of topics about this situation with XPS models.

e.g.
    http://www.mod-gadget.com/dell-xps-laptops-widely-suffering-from-swollen-battery/

Anyone experienced the same problem and has a solution?

br

8. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That battery looks very dangerous. It can cause a serious fire and-or send dangerous chemicals into your house.

You need to dispose of that battery properly ASAP. It can combust on its own so just taking it out of the computer and leaving it in your house is a non-starter (especially if you do not have fire insurance on the house lol).

If you can't get a battery from Dell I suppose you are stuck typing in 5K9CP to find a reliable on-line retailer of laptop batteries.

9. lorenzo004

lorenzo004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, XPS 13 9350 (late 2015) owner here.
    I recently replaced the battery.
    I contacted Dell service via phone. I've been told that battey JHXPY is the right replacement for 5K9CP which, in fact, seems to be out of stock. I absolutely wanted an original battery. Now I have the JHXPY mounted and everything works fine. I changed the battery 5 months ago.

Noth likes this.
  10. lorenzo004

lorenzo004 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I want to give you and anyone else who has this problem a bit more information, since I've been looking for a solution for a long time and only after talking twice with the Dell service I found out the solution was so simple.

In my case the battery was simply exhausted.
    But I know that in many other customer had a problem with a swollen battery.

I paid
    - € 54.32 for an out of warranty repair
    - € 30.00 for shipping
    - € 18.55 VAT (Italy)

lorenzo