Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. x4080

x4080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not in the trackpad but in the touchscreen using edge

2. brettsportler

brettsportler Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I installed BIOS update 1.4.10 and experienced three BSODs (blue screen of death). Anyone else with this problem on the new BIOS? Hoped it would fix the random wake up issue, but computer woke up at night two as well after update.

3. Fink42

Fink42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I installed the new BIOS a couple of days ago without any problems during or after. Have you checked what is causing the BSOD?
    I fixed my wake up problem a long time ago, by disabling hibernation.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Kikuri likes this.
  4. brettsportler

brettsportler Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Installed Windows SDK debugger and followed instructions here:
    www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Analyze-a-BSOD-Crash-Dump/
    Supposedly a memory corruption... strange, might try to install BIOS again. Any other idea?

Did you deactivate hibernate with this command:
    powercfg.exe /hibernate off
    Supposedly, this deactivates fast boot of Win10, but I guess with the SSD it doesn't really matter too much. How about battery drain on S3 standby, how long does it last? I've played around with the hibernate (S4) issue, sometimes it works, sometimes it seems like it wakes up from S3 to change to S4 and then can't go back to sleep -> insomnia. I guess I'll go to the pharmacy tomorrow.

Fink42 and Kikuri like this.
  5. sparksd

sparksd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's how I disabled hibernate and I had already turned off fast start - my problems with uncommanded wake from sleep went away.

Fink42 likes this.
  6. wrightc23

wrightc23 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine had a lot of coil whine until I replaced the OEM Toshiba PCIe SSD with a Samsung SM951 NVMe SSD. It hasn't reoccurred over several weeks once since then.

pressing likes this.
  7. x4080

x4080 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anybody trying windows ink workspace ? I found out that sticky notes cannot accept drawing from touchscreen, only keyboard input

And the sketchpad app, is always display this picture sketch that is default from sketch app and cannot replace it with my sketch (weird)

Anybody experience the same?

8. Some Tech Noob

Some Tech Noob Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just tested it on my XPS 13 since I had installed the Huion tablet drivers and I can confirm your results.

9. Fink42

Fink42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I recently discovered that whenever I connect my Dell USB-C adapter I get the following message and the USB from the adapter only provides power (I can charge my phone from it, but can't get any USB devices to work with it).
    I have updated the Thunderbolt firmware and controller driver to the newest versions, but with no luck..

Are there any others having the same problem?
    upload_2016-12-16_8-51-3.png

10. Bigmouth

Bigmouth Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I can now confirm that the bouncing and jumping problem was a hardware issue. For me, at least.

To review, most of the scrolling issues with the touchpad have been resolved by software updates. However, the problem of the screen randomly bouncing and jumping when I stop scrolling stubbornly persisted. I tried everything, including the Synaptics driver and the clean install mentioned above. Nothing worked.

Since my warranty was about to expire, I decided to have the touchpad replaced in a last ditch attempt to resolve the problem. I'm pleased to report it seems to have worked! It's been two weeks since I got my XPS 13 back -- enough time for the problem to reappear -- and the touchpad works like a charm.

If you've tried every software solution like me, and are at your wits end like I was, I urge you to send it in to have the touchpad replaced. Wish I'd done so months ago.

dopere likes this.