Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Anurag Mitra

Anurag Mitra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. PAPPL

PAPPL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I can't solve a bluetooth problem, even after reinstalling Windows 10 from recovery partition.
    I'm connecting to a bluetooth audio device, and it's automaticly connecting when booting up.
    After standby the device can't reconnect anymore, even manually.
    After installing newest bluetooth drivers (Dell Wireless 1820a) it worked for one week, then again no reconnect possible.
    Then even the bluetooth keyboard did not connect.
    After reinstalling Win10 i didn't update any bluetooth drivers. Worked again for one week and connected automaticly to bluetooth audio even after many wakes from standby.
    Again not connecting after one week of use.
    Bluetooth keyboard is working, yet. Don't know what to do.
    Any help, after problems with USB-C, Thunderbolt, fan noise and bluescreens i'm starting to hate my XPS13 laptop?

Update: After searching this topic i uninstalled a "WIDCOMM bluetooth" application (under control panel / uninstall apps). After reboot bluetooth audio reconnects again immedeately. Seems this preinstalled s-h-i-t caused weeks of frustration.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  3. Polter

Polter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was checking the new announcement of Dell on its site (DELL Technologies) and just couldn't take my eyes from that sideways "E" on the corner.. just like Mr. Robot's "E corp"..
    Sorry for the off topic.
    Still no news about XPS 13 with Kaby Lake.
    Come on Dell take my money!

4. Some Tech Noob

Some Tech Noob Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hopefully they can finally fix all the bugs when they refresh the XPS 13 lineup. It's taken a looong time to figure out all the bugs and stuff.
    1. Windows scaling sucks. Had to schedule a dpi fix script upon every boot.
    2. Flickering/flashing screen. Turned off panel self-refresh and lowered the wlan card power output to 75%. Also updated to the very latest Intel graphics drivers. The screen finally stopped flickering after doing those steps.
    3. Bezel around the bottom of the screen is starting to not stick as well as it used to be. I'm assuming those with a touch panel don't have any sort of issues, but I have a matte fhd.
    4. Keyboard is a bit on the mushier side. More importantly, the key-rollover is terrible. Light fps gaming with the wasd keys is a pain.
    5. Had an issue with chrome only on this laptop. Chrome would shift up and down by a pixel or two when hovering above hyperlinks. I finally fixed it by disabling hardware acceleration in chrome.
    6. FHD has adaptive brightness control. This is a smaller nitpick and I knew it going into the purchase, but it really needs to be removed. I see no benefit.
    7. Everything is a fingerprint magnet
    I love the design and the form factor. It's just so damn hard to make everything work right that it's tough recommending this to people.

Kikuri and PAPPL like this.
  5. emike

emike Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. pressing

pressing Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As expected, those specs are incredibly close to those of the current XPS. From a practical perspective, it is not much of an update at all.

Big improvement, however, if Dell decides to complete all beta testing and work of the bugs before release.

7. Some Tech Noob

Some Tech Noob Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Kaby Lake XPS 13 looks like just another refresh. Like pressing, hopefully they fix the bugs.

Things to note:

KillerTM 1535 Wireless-AC 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.1. No more Dell shoddy wifi cards. Personally I'd prefer the Intel 8260 though.
    Still uses DDR3L, but 16GB comes at 2133. This is a nice boost and should help the performance of the integrated graphics by a small amount.

8. PAPPL

PAPPL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Update 2: Today lost all bluetooth devices again. Bluetooth settings tell they are paired, but no connection (audio + keyboard).
    Installed newest driver again from dell support and devices are reconnecting again immediately. Now i'm waiting for next week, until bluetooth will stop working again.
    It's frustrating.

Update 3 after 3 weeks: Installed INTEL Dual Band Wireless-8260 card for 20€, and bluetooth disconnect problems are 99% gone.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  9. gametime10

gametime10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What's the performance difference between Intel HD 540 vs. Intel HD 620?

10. Elieser Leão

Elieser Leão Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got a Latitude E7470 (i7 skylake, 8gb, 256pci-e) from company that I work last week and it have the same coil whine that my XPS 13 has.

What's happening with Dell?

Or maybe be it's something with Skylake processors??