Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. didsip

didsip Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No idea what the impact of the driver is, but it installed just fine here.

2. sandsedge

sandsedge Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got my XPS 13 9350, did the Windows 10 "updates", then all of the Dell drivers. I still have screen flicker. The only thing I may have messed up was that I think I grabbed a different model XPS 13 drivers at first, but then I installed the correct ones. I'm about to redo Windows 10 back to factory image and then try again... I do have the new BIOS that came out 1/13/2016 as well. Anyone else having flicker issues even with all of the latest dell drivers and BIOS? I followed the Dell recommended install order, as well. I really want to move all of my work files to my new XPS 13 from my somewhat flaky Surface Pro 3, but the flicker is a showstopper...

3. buffpatel

buffpatel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, when I first got my laptop I had the screen flicker a few times, but once I updated the intel video driver it completely went away. I haven't had screen flicker in almost 2 weeks. May sure you update the graphics driver to the newest one (you can get it from the Dell support site). It should be version: 20.19.15.4331.

4. SM05

SM05 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all,

Been following this thread for a while before ordering a new XPS and taking delivery a week or so ago. All works fine and I'm pretty happy with it for the most part.

I was aware of "coil whine" issue before hand and am not surprised it's present on my PC as well. It's not too load but is annoying if one gets close to the laptop. Is that basically a design issue that most of XPS 13 have? I'm trying to decide if it's worth exchanging it just for that or not. I personally wouldn't bother with individual parts replacement on a brand new laptop and opt out for a new unit instead.

Thanks in advance.

5. pauldegroot

pauldegroot Newbie

Reputations:
    My WIFI seems less stable with the newest bios 1.1.9. A couple of times I had to reconnect to a network because it had the exclamation point next to my connection.

6. 9350

9350 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can confirm that.

7. Malberttoo

Malberttoo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My long boot time issue seems to have disappeared with 1.1.9 BIOS.

8. ecolms

ecolms Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how the battery estimates are calculated? Mine seem to jump around all over the place - just now it said 67% 3h44 left, then dropped to 66% 6h15 left! My usage hasn't changed in the last few hours, it's been fairly constant internet browsing and not at all intense data analysis.

9. sandsedge

sandsedge Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay, I did a "OS reset" from within windows choosing the option to keep nothing. It seemed to not go back to the version of Windows 10 that shipped with the laptop, but instead to a fresh install of the latest major build of Windows 10 (the November 2015 Update aka version 1511). After the reset, I carefully redownloaded and installed the Dell drivers in the correct order. I did not reapply the January 13 BIOS or Thunderbolt firmware, as those were already in place. Some of the drivers were already at their most current versions, so I did NOT choose a repair option if that was the case. So far NO FLICKER! :)

Now I'm going to install Office 365 Pro Plus, Enable Bitlocker and then install Hyper-V (all 3 of those were present last time when the flicker was happening). I hope it isn't the dreaded Hyper-V induced flicker that was plaguing Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  10. nizzon

nizzon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Installed the new BIOS and wifi-driver, took 30min then the video-driver crashed, so thats not fixed. The last few weéks my keyboard stops working for a few seconds here and there but that could just be Edge ****ing around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.