Dell XPS 13 2015 Skylake Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by abd_97, Oct 12, 2015.

1. NSBM

NSBM Newbie

Reputations:
    I might be missing previous mentions of this (I have searched, here and elsewhere). Sorry if I have. I've been having trouble getting the Microsoft native NVMe controller to appear with a fresh Windows 10 installation on an XPS 13 9350. The default UEFI RAID option requires the RAID driver in the Intel RST 'F6' driver set, the AHCI UEFI option requires the AHCI driver in the Intel RST 'F6' driver set (but works for installation without a driver but results in the Microsoft AHCI driver being used with a Device Manager exclamation mark), but how to get the native NVMe controller?

The answer is to set the SATA controller to disabled (which is logical in a way - we don't want SATA over PCIe but just PCIe). The UEFI setup really needs some documentation (is there any?) - for this and also the Thunderbolt PCIe security parts (really important for BitLocker use).

The other titbit is that I tried the Intel 8260 Wi-Fi / BT module but went back to the Dell / Broadcom since it took ages for Wi-Fi to connect at boot and resume, but it would disconnect from time to time (not just a disconnect, but the Control Panel NIC would be disabled and not re-enable unless Flight Mode was toggled). It also didn't fix the weak Wi-Fi reception, poor AP roaming (with no option to increase aggressiveness) and broken Miracast I have with the XPS 13.

I tried the Intel card to try and fix these problems and one where it wakes up from sleep / hibernate as soon as they are entered (actually, it doesn't enter at all as the USB root hub vetoes it). The only devices connected via USB are the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth, card reader and webcam. I figured the number one suspect is the Broadcom 1820A module.

I suspect Dell isn't offering the 8260 module yet because they have problems with it (I did come across a Dell PDF that listed it in the catch-all spec.). Hopefully they'll get fixed and I can pop it back in (I'd still rather be rid of the Dell one).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. abd_97

abd_97 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Finally SOLVED!
    Went to Control Panel (right click Start button), Programs uninstall, uninstall something like Widcomm bluetooth..., restart when asked for it.
    Bluetooth still connected after several restart, wifi working fine and zero screen flickering.
    It looks that uninstalled software was in conflict with Intel 8260 bluetooth software.

PAPPL, hmscott and SuperSAF like this.
  3. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No one really having Windows 8.1 with 9350? I'm still researching for the above issues.

4. NSBM

NSBM Newbie

Reputations:
    INT344B is "Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT344B"
    VEN_8086&DEV_9D60 is "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D60"
    VEN_8086&DEV_9D61 is "Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D61"

5. aliv

aliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for reply! I also did find this, but not able to figure out, why these are still not having drivers after installed all drivers from the dell site?

6. laptopbro

laptopbro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    wrong thread

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  7. SuperSAF

SuperSAF Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Deleted

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  8. ecolms

ecolms Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got my XPS 13 9350 QHD today. After installing other drivers and the BIOS update from the Dell website, I tried to install this update. When I try to run the .exe file it says 9350 Panel Update - device not supported.

I'm not sure why it says my device isn't supported when it is the device this update is for, anyone got any ideas?

9. buffpatel

buffpatel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, I had the same thing come up. For whatever reason, it will only work with the 10/2015 graphics driver, version 20.19.15.4300. There should have been a window that popped up telling you this. Anyway, it's really stupid because you'll have to do what I did to get it to work. Namely, downgrade your graphics driver to the 10/2015 version, then install the CABC tool, then re-upgrade to the newest video driver.
    The 10/2015 driver is the older video driver available on the dell support website.

Hope that helped!

PAPPL likes this.
  10. espe

espe Newbie

Reputations:
    Extended the entry 'Win10IntelGfxVer = 10.18.15.4281,20.19.15.4300' in the file 'PanelFWConfig.ini' by
    ', 20.19.15.4331' (should be line 29 in the file).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016