Dell XPS 13 2015 Broadwell Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by tassadar898, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andypro

Andypro Newbie

Reputations:
    I finally received my XPS 13 today (UK version), and everything's absolutely fantastic about the laptop bar one minor annoyance. Often when I put the laptop to sleep by closing the lid, it won't wake up again and I'm forced to force shutdown. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

2. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You could try a brightness app on your phone. It uses the light sensor for proximity and auto brightness. It's not the most accurate but it's close.

3. dscott1027

dscott1027 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks!. Also is there still no fix for that slight delay on the touchpad?

4. Dellienware

Dellienware Workstations & Ultrabooks

Reputations:
    Pretty sure the delay is associated with a setting. It is designed so that when you are typing, your hands won't register random clicks.

It's a trade off. You kinda need the delay..

5. huai

huai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Received my i3 unit today. I was able to get win 8.1 to be close enough enough to Win 7 to be happy, but had 3 problems. Was wondering if anyone had any answers:

1) Intel SpeedStep locks the i3 down to 500 mhz. I was able to get around this by disabling SpeedStep in UEFI. Hopefully new driver will fix this eventually.

2) I want to cap battery charge level to around 80% to prolong battery life. In the past I could do it using Dell QuickSet or equivalent third party apps for other manufacturers. QuickSet doesn't appear to be installed on this unit, nor available online. Does anyone know of a way to cap this?

3) The title bar of all windows is transparent. I have reset it many times using Right Click Desktop -> Personalize - > Color but the settings is lost every time after I reboot. I initially installed UXStyle to try and install a Win 7 theme, but ended up removing it because I thought it may be causing this issue. The issue persists even after I removed it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

6. dscott1027

dscott1027 Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't think that is it. I have the delay set to off but I have to slide my finger a couple millimeters before the pointer starts to follow. Ive never experienced this on any other windows laptop.

7. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Me either. Where are you able to set the delay?

8. AKmotorider

AKmotorider Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Haha alright, whatever you say. I still don't notice it for some reason, even doing photo work. I don't really do a lot of photo work though, tbh.

9. yaonyc

yaonyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    too bad Dell Xps 13 doesn't have 12GB or 16GB option! :)

10. zerodeefex

zerodeefex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just ordered the base Microsoft Signature unit with the 10% + 5% discounts. I also picked up the transcend 512GB SSD and the dell power companion. I'm planning on swapping to the SM951 when I can get a 512GB version.

I did have a couple of questions. Has anyone used any of the short SD cards designed to fit flush with other laptops with this thing? I want extra music storage on the go without sacrificing form factor.

Also, how long have people's ordered typically taken before shipping from Microsoft? In my experience, they take way longer to fulfill than Apple or other retailers. It's been 3-4 business days between placing an order and shipment but my last order was a year ago and I'm unsure if they've improved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.