Dell XPS 13 2015 Broadwell Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by tassadar898, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joncattaneo

joncattaneo Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anybody comment on this trackpad vs the lenovo yoga thinkpad? I love the thinkpad yogas trackpad and would like something similar.

I ordered from Microsoft Store and got the 10 percent off with edu email. The awesome thing is that I don't have an edu email address and it went through without it asking me for one.

2. tassadar898

tassadar898 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    anyone have issues with voice calls and echo cancellation and sounding muffled? what is this audiosmart ssp business?

3. SureFix

SureFix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Question about the M.2 SSD It's one of those if you have to ask the question, you already know the answer. It looks like at least the 256 version of the SSD that Dell uses is LiteON. I ordered the 512 SSD. I was hoping it would be the new Samsung M.2 SM951 or even the Samsung XP941. I'll find out in another couple of weeks when my machine comes in, but anyone out there know for sure which SSD?

aBs0lut3z33r0 likes this.
  4. flatsix911

flatsix911 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. flatsix911

flatsix911 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Dell Business is taking extra $$$ off select Dell Laptops & Desktops

$50 off $599 or more with coupon code PK3DKVD1VVMQVR [Exp 1/31],
    $75 off $799 or more with code FV282Z0DJ8WD9G [Exp 1/31] and
    $100 off $899 or more with code 12LHT0VDPK789F [Exp 1/30].
    Stacks with instant discounts; shipping is free.

Dell Home has the same offer:

$50 off laptops & desktops $599+ with code QZW6Q27B8MZHV4 [Exp 1/30] and
    $75 off $799+ with code VPJ1MHN3Z6T6V3 [Exp 1/30].

6. saman.sh

saman.sh Newbie

Reputations:
    Not sure if it helps, but I compared its trackpad to 13" rMBP (Mid-2014) that I own and I should say I was impressed. It actually has slightly better tactile feedback when clicking, although with slightly more noise which I personally don't mind. In terms of responsiveness, it was among the best I've tried on Windows laptops but still behind all MBPs. If I wanted to get a Windows laptop I would either pick this or the new X1 Carbon.

Regards

7. tylerwatt12

tylerwatt12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Can you get hwmonitor and post the battery specs, designed cap, current cap, max cap, etc?

8. Dellienware

Dellienware Workstations & Ultrabooks

Reputations:
    It NEVER made sense that it gives 15 hours battery life. People must be shot in the head to believe that.

Consider that full 50whr is available on the battery, including little wear and how Windows will shut down when only few % is left.

Doesn't matter how Intel reduced chip power consumption. The reality is that due to the SCREEN, these ultrabooks WILL use around 6-7whr even in very very small load. Not using keyboard & touchpad adds to all that. That's 7-8 hrs at best! in reality with QHD+ web browsing using touchpad and keyboard, I anticipate more like 7 hrs on battery.

If you believe that a computer will run with 3.33whr (for 15 hrs) with the screen on, you are bigger of a joke than what the specs claim.

Take my true number advice: XPS 13 is designed for 7-8 hours battery life on light office work load.

vayu64 likes this.
  9. tassadar898

tassadar898 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not true. 3.33mw is not that far off according to battery bar. I'd say on light load just browsing and typing it sits around 3.33-4mw. I agree this isn't all to do with broadwell but moreso the IGZO tech. XPS 13 2015 FHD model I can easily pull 9-10 hrs with 60% brightness (11 hours could be feasible with just word processing for example). It also has a 54mwh, ,not 50mwh which you can set the bottom limit before hibernation at 3-4% to help get all of that juice out.

10. Dellienware

Dellienware Workstations & Ultrabooks

Reputations:
    Perhaps the new display technology will surprise me. But with QHD+ devices and all that pixels and backlight needed for it, I still see 7whr during actual web browings. There has been about 1.5whr in battery savings for each generations of Intel. The best that I could even see happen is 6whr.

I was referring to 50whr to take into consideration 3-5% battery wear out the door and the hibernation it takes at 3-4% battery life. So full 50 whr usable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.