Dell XPS 13 2015 Broadwell Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by tassadar898, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattalter

mattalter Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure how to test. From my use it does not seem to be dimming..

2. tylerwatt12

tylerwatt12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where did you find the synaptics drivers for win7?

This is the worst trackpad I've ever used on a notebook, and I have a feeling since microsoft worked with synaptics to design it, the updates to software/firmware/drivers will take twice as long, if come at all.
    I am extremely disappointed that the cursor slows down when I have a second finger on it trying to click. It makes my productivity drop because I have no idea where the cursor will move, it's unpredictable. Hopefully someone at Dell can address this issue.

And then scrolling..
    Scrolling in IE is great, sure. But in Chrome makes it horribly laggy with delays, and my Dell Precision I previously had never experienced this problem

3. DarkSilentSC

DarkSilentSC Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm also playing around with driver sources to find out if the problem can be resolved... Very very annoying indeed. Synaptics driver is available in Dell support website. It shows up as Dell touchpad.

4. demon_xxi

demon_xxi Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Guys, any ideas how much Windows Defender would affect battery? Not really xps related but still important.
    It is disabled by dell by default assuming we'll use McAfee.

5. Dellienware

Dellienware Workstations & Ultrabooks

Reputations:
    Yup dell.com/drivers

Wait until this happens:

1. Keeps reverting settings back while you are using the touchpad. Only way to reinstallation.... Multiple times!

2. Now under battery mode it would straight up lag and stop working for split seconds. Not sure if electricity is getting to the parts!

3. NT Kernel & System on task manager pops 17-25% as soon as you touch the touchpad. This is the reason for the really terrible battery life on my Win 7 machine, including continued fan running..

6. Dellienware

Reputations:
    Update:

While charging and using, the ac adapter gets VERY HOT. Like to a point you feel like burning if you hold with firm grip in your hand. I m sure they tested it ok, but giving yall an update.

7. Dellienware

Reputations:
    Is ANYONE else having issues with Windows 7 and the Synaptics drivers?

After installations, the drivers keep screwing up the settings (after sudden lag in the touchpad) and it won't actually save settings.

I have to do clean reinstall and only takes few-couple mins to get back in this tragedy.

Not sure if this is Windows issue or what.. The drivers look pretty generic though..

8. dtblair24

dtblair24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah you are right. That sucker get's pretty hot. It was walking a fine line of being unbearable to hold. Perhaps someone with softer or more sensitive hands might not be able to tolerate it. I need to find my infrared thermometer to see what temp it's running at.

9. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What happened to this thread?

10. DelonixR

DelonixR Newbie

Reputations:
    That's odd. My XPS 13 is getting charged now and I'm using it to type this post - the adapter doesn't feel hot. Mildly warm only (but this is a air-conditioned environment).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.