Dell XPS 13 2015 Broadwell Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by tassadar898, Jan 16, 2015.

1. RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    <Removed question. Found Windows 7 drivers for 9343 on Dell site in cab file. Extracted contents of cab file and loaded all missing drivers>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. RobotDoctor

Reputations:
    With the Windows 7 installation I can connect with various bluetooth devices without any issues however I cannot connect with a Bose Soundtouch 10 either with bluetooth or with the auxiliary connection. If anyone has experience with this scenario and can share a solution I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance.

3. boyq

boyq Newbie

Reputations:
    I've used mine for 1 year and 11 months. My battery capacity have dropped to 80%.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

4. submachine

submachine Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Touchpad buttons went bust long ago, now forced to do double-finger clicks.

Now the keyboard is going, specifically the area around "6". Anyone solve or fix this?

5. RobotDoctor

Reputations:
    My XPS 9343 is working pretty well in all areas other than battery life. This has been an issue since I upgraded OS to Windows 10 and then the subsequent installation of Windows 7. Performance, other than sporadic bluetooth pairing, has been excellent.

6. boyq

boyq Newbie

Reputations:
    It would be nice if you can show your battery report.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

7. phidias81

phidias81 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Screen colour reproduction: I've just got a second hand machine with the FHD panel (shp1420) while the owner told me it was the higher resolution version. I'm not sure if I'll keep it because of colour reproduction (I want to do some mobile photo editing). How it comes that every website states different sRGB data about this panel? I've found tests showing 72%, 81% and 100%.
    What's the truth? Any of you had the chance to test it with a colorimeter or has some reliable data?
    Also brightness data are really varying according to differen reviews, going from 230 to 370. But that's not a problem because I can see with my eyes that it's good enough.
    I'm more concerned about colours. Any help?

8. phidias81

phidias81 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Also could anybody confirm that it was never released a patch for FHD adaptive brightness problem and there is no way to fix it?