Dell XPS 13 2015 Broadwell Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by tassadar898, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops MY FRIENDS CALL ME JEFF!

Reputations:
    I thought the Signature Edition was only distributed through the Microsoft Store - not via any other vendor. I got a couple of them, but by buying open box or slightly used units from a third party distributor of such items, purchased en masse from MS. paperwork pertaining to it came in the box. But buying new from Amazon? Sounds like MS may have had more inventory on hand that they didn't want to report as such at quarter or year-end. ;)

2. avalance

avalance Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

has anyone a solution for DualBoot and Audio Issue, means you´ve got Windows 8.1 on it and Linux on the machine, but if you start the "other" system there´s AUDIO not working until you reboot (sometimes touchpad wont work too).

?

So it works fine if you only boot in Windows (or if you only boot into Linux) but if you boot in an different OS there´s no Sound until you reboot machine / sometimes turn off Audio in BIOS, boot, reboot and turn on Audion in BIOS again.

Regards
    aVa

3. cowithgun

cowithgun Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Made some game recording (with FPS) from this tiny notebook. All of them running at 1366x768 with other setting set to lowest. FPS is higher when not recording. These games are very much playable in this notebook. I am so happy that I am back into Windows. Cant really play these game when I was using MacBook Air back then, except Diablo 3. But D3 run much better in Windows.

Final Fantasy Xiii

DMC

Diablo 3

4. markjones80

markjones80 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry to say its not just dual booting. I have the same problem almost everyday when I cold boot to Windows. Need to reboot again and then the sound comes back. I have updated everything. It never did it for the first few weeks but now its amount 90% of cold boots over night. I also never noticed it on my first laptop before it was returned. So I suspect some temperature related issue maybe.

5. kristof1234

kristof1234 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What plays the crucial role for having good image on external monitor? (I guess it is Intel HD Graphics of my laptop). Since the QHD and FFD have the same integrated Intel graphic drivers, and the first can render 4k, I suppose that I can also render 2,5k with external monitor, right? To summarize my question:

I have FHD XPS 13 (1920x1080)

I want to buy external monitor

Dell Ultrasharp U2515H 2560x1440

(1) Will this work?
    (2) Will this scale smoothly (I am planning to close lid of my laptop) and work on one screen.

Thanks for your input!

6. MrProdigy

MrProdigy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I have an XPS 13 2015 FHD which seems to have black bars along the bottom of the screen and the left side. It's like a black void between the actual display and the bezel. Here are the photos:

http://i.imgur.com/5zexoKV.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/5IDA8AB.jpg

Is this supposed to be normal? Anyone else experiencing this? Dell offered to replace the screen but if it's common then I probably won't do it.

7. paulthuong

paulthuong Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Download a 1920x1080 picture and put it to full screen, it the picture is not cropped then it's fine.

8. nedomacho

nedomacho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Someone was complaining about a "pushed in" Shift here... Just got the replacement from MS Store, it has that. Worse, it is not even horizontal, but tilted. Hell with it, I'll keep it.

9. mikochu

mikochu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You could probably pop off the key to investigate.

10. nedomacho

nedomacho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wish it was just the key. The backlight is 'wavy' on one side, haven't seen that on the ones I exchanged... Incredible. I have the worst freaking laptop karma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.