Dell XPS 13 2015 Broadwell Infinity Display Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by tassadar898, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericxps

ericxps Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    you cant just replace the screen as its glued to the top panel. the guy from dell replaced everything from the hinges upwards (the whole top part of the pc).

my screen didnt look to obviously unevenly lit. i just could notice it a bit when scrolling on a white page like youtube comments. all 3 screens i have seen so far had darker spots to some degree. this one is about as good as the one on my first unit which i originally sent back due to fan rattling. hope i answered your question :)

2. kristof1234

kristof1234 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    thanks for your answer; one last question. Did have QHD or FHD. The FHD is plastic corners, maybe it is possible here to break it open (whereas for QHD it is impossible)

3. ogkushsmokay

ogkushsmokay Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ughh i just got my replacement and it's having the same issue as my original one and the fan is even louder!!

Whenever i move my laptop its making this grinding noise......
    I'm wondering if you guys have the same problem.
    And how often does your fan turn on?
    Mine turns on from just opening one tab from chrome and stays on long period of time...and super loud.

I'm starting to doubt dell's quality. Dell's engineer is working to find a solution which may take 3-4 days. My last day for refund is 3/24/15. If they don't call me by Monday, I'm just going to refund it.

4. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Honestly I am very happy with mine, I did repaste the CPU/GPU, I also have the toshiba drive and I dont see any lag the disk mark scores are 468read 448write which is pretty good in my book.

I would like better battery life but for the performance in this system I can live with the 6 hours I get.

5. ericxps

ericxps Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    ahh yes you are right. i have the qhd screen. it might actually be possible to pry off the bezels on the 1080p screens. you could possibly ask them if the could chance the whole lid. i wouldnt mind though, just inspect it after repair if he did a good job.

in my case a fan replacement solved that whereas a replacement unit had the same problem as i stated above.

6. micmex

micmex Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Which cpu do you have, and do the repaste give you lower temperatures and less noise (fan running/not running) ?

7. ogkushsmokay

ogkushsmokay Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    how often does your fan turn on?

8. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the i7 and honestly did not check temps, I always repaste soon as I get a new system.

The fan never comes on browsing or emails and lightly comes on during video playbacks. Running 3dmark skydive my temps hit peak of 86cpu/83gpu.

I wish I had tested before pasting to compare.

9. lx4r

lx4r Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you! :)

10. sui22

sui22 Newbie

Reputations:
    New Touchpad Firmware available for Download on the Dell drivers page!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.