1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

dell wireless 1390 wlan mini card

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by kunicorn, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kunicorn

kunicorn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In the network setup wizard it says that the mini card is disconnected. I have an inspiron e1405 notebook. I set the restore point back to before I tried setting up a home network and I cannot connect to the internet to see if it need drivers updated. The connection won't repair itself either. I don't know what else to try since I can't get on the internet with that notebook. Any ideas?

2. pixelot

pixelot Notebook Acolyte

Reputations:
    Ethernet?

(filler)

3. kunicorn

Reputations:
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are asking about the Ethernet.

4. kunicorn

Reputations:
    I know what ethernet is but I'm not sure what you mean for my situation.

5. pixelot

pixelot Notebook Acolyte

Reputations:
    Can you use it to get online?

6. kunicorn

Reputations:
    No, I can't get it to connect in any way. When I search for wirelss networks it says I need to use the Wireless Zero Configuration service which I did and it still didn't get online-it keeps showing that message. When I troubleshot the mini card it says it is working fine but the Network Wizard says it is disconnected so now I don't know what to do.

7. pixelot

pixelot Notebook Acolyte

Reputations:
    The ethernet. Can you use the ethernet to establish a connection?

8. Wirelessman

Wirelessman Monkeymod

Reputations:
    By ethernet pixelot means when you connect your laptop to the router via a cat 5 cable. We are just trying to isolate the issue.

9. kunicorn

Reputations:
    I just connected it to my modem with the ethernet cable and it said it cannot connect. I clicked repair but it still didn't work.

10. kunicorn

Reputations:
    When I run the network setup wizard it says my mini card is disconnected but I have no idea how to fix that or if it can be fixed so the wizard won't finish setup. When I ran the troubleshooter for the mini card-it said it was fine.