Dell Vostro 3700 Ram Upgrade? Hoping for better video?

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by bl_maros, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bl_maros

bl_maros Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys I recently acquired a great condition dell vostro 3700 - It has 4gb system ram, 500gb hdd (that I put in), and integrated video. It says in the bios that it has 32mb V-ram. From what I've read it pulls the rest from system ram and the Intel HD graphics "App" says it has the ability to scale up to 1696 v-ram. I'm wondering first of all if there is anyway to force a minimum amount of ram allocation to the video. Second of all if ,since I have only ever seen maybe 300mb be pulled for v-ram, if I max out the system to 8gb will it pull more for v-ram? I have set everything to maximum performance settings (power management and in the Intel HD graphics options).

2. namaiki

namaiki "basically rocks" Super Moderator

Reputations:
    What are you trying to improve with the graphics controller? Are you trying to play PC games, etc?

3. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    Have you tried changing the amount of system RAM dedicated to the video card in the BIOS?

4. bl_maros

bl_maros Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, the bios just shows 32 dedicated. It wont give me the option anywhere to change that either. I just flashed it last night so I'm guessing thats all I'm going to get out of it. I'm trying to play games, yes. I know it's not going to be spectacular by any means but just to have something tolerable would be nice.

I just upgraded the system ram from 4 to 6 gigs and nothing has changed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.