Dell Studio XPS 13 and 16 - Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by NuKeDoG, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tential

tential Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If the Sony Z looks as good in person as the MacBook then I think I'll get one of those. I never been just completely blown away by the appearance of a laptop until now.

I just have to wonder how investors of dell are thinking. I mean this just is not good business at all. If tech junkies don't like dell it slowly filters down to the mainstream with time.

2. NuKeDoG

NuKeDoG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nop, nothing to share as yet.
    All i know is that dell has had problems with this model in concept/production stages.. and they wouldnt want to deliver a bad product.

3. ladycloud

ladycloud Newbie

Reputations:
    Well. I am not sure when this model will be released by Dell but the testing phase is short. I don't work for Dell but for a private company and as such only 10 people across the world in different countries are getting the model. I clearly don't care whether people regard what i say as true or false. The simple fact was that Googling this particular model brought me to this site because i was curious to know what i was getting.

Yes! I am scared of breaking the NDA because i have signed a contract with Dell/private company. I can face a serious legal issue and i have no idea whether the mods/admins of this site will backtrack me and give out my ip address or not. I don't even have any interest in any Dell products because i don't use any, i am just a tech enthusiast I figured to post here to help people out thats about it.

From what I can make out, dell has no plans of releasing this in December since they pretty much expect us to enjoy this laptop during the holiday season. Thats what i can infer but i could be wrong atleast this is what it was mentioned there.

peace

4. McBrainless

McBrainless Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    But what about the next week thing, that you told us to wait? Will they reveal the specs of the laptop... or will you do it? :)

5. sparkey

sparkey Newbie

Reputations:
    Dell I am getting very bored at waiting for a Studio XPS laptop.

Given we now have a Studio XPS desktop I really think we are going to see an announcement next week. Not based on any knowledge to be clear other than the current situation doesn't make sense.

At a minimum Dell need to release a statement saying they are having some teething problems and want to ensure a completely smooth launch so delaying it. If they have faith it's going to be a killer machine then release the specs at the same time.

This will stop them losing so many sales. I stood in the Sony shop today and if it wasn't for the fact that I find the FW a horrible looking machine I would have bought one as it fits my needs.

Also the website here in the UK is beginning to look stupid. The XPS laptops have a badge saying latest technology which clearly isn't true.

In fact Dell if you don't release something in the next week then maybe I should report you to trading standards due to false advertising :)

That could force them to at least update the site to say "XPS - old technology at a premium price, don't buy this or your mad"

6. yomamasfavourite

yomamasfavourite Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Seems to me if they were going to release a laptop for the holiday season they'd have done it by now == studio 12
    small, cheap, perfect for christmas pressies etc.

I'm starting to become a bit pessimistic about dell releasing the new studio's, Its kind of a pitty really, I'd like to have at least had the option.
    Now I'm going to have to go and buy something like a sony, samsung or a toshiba - yep desperate, but havn't any time left to wait around and I need to get a lappie this week. Weak effort Dell, very weak.

7. d4m

d4m Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    whats wrong with hanging with your m1530 a little while longer? :)

8. d4m

d4m Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    soo can your nod if it looks like the pics posted in the slides n stuff?

9. yomamasfavourite

yomamasfavourite Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh no, the 1530 as is, is my baby - I'll prob get something a bit more powerful gaming wise, when I upgrade next.
    I'm getting the studio 16 for someone else, well I'd like to get it - though that depends on whether it comes out or not.

I was originally thinking of getting them the studio 17, but I'd hate to get it, then have this new one come out the next day:) which would be my luck.

10. d4m

d4m Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i see your predicament... sad that even if they release specs now, january is still too far away ;(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.