Dell Studio 1557

Discussion in 'Dell' started by huntersvk, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    I'm using CCC ver. 10.6 & it works fine. Installing it also very easy. HDMI GPU Scaling also works great with my external LCD. 10.7 is coming at the end of this month.

2. techifan1

techifan1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Kizwan, thanks for the info.
    I will probably wait and go straight to 10.7 in a week or so, updates appear to be a lot more frequent lately.
    Regarding the install did you uninstall the previous version first or just install over the previous version.

3. kizwan

kizwan Lord Pringles

Reputations:
    I just install it on top of the previous version. The installer detect the new driver is not installed yet & automatically select it for installation. In game experience, tested with CNC4, it slightly improved the graphic (or maybe I just want to feels that way...LOL). I don't know if I missed the HDMI GPU scaling feature in the previous version but with 10.6, it works great with my Samsung SB2330H monitor.

4. OneCool

OneCool I AM NUMBER 67

Reputations:
    @techifan Unless your having some issue with a game or something then just wait until the 10.7 drivers.

I think they are going to release them on the 26-27th of this month.

I will say that the 10.3 release was the best IMO

5. altoster

altoster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    anyone experiencing any performance improvements with the new catalyst 10.7 drivers??

6. OneCool

OneCool I AM NUMBER 67

Reputations:

I havnt had time to really test them but I see no real difference in them and the 10.6s

I think maybe the people that have the 5xxx series will see some difference...I guess.

P.S. Has anyone flashed to the new A07 BIOS yet?Just seen them on dells site.

7. altoster

Reputations:
    i ve umy pdated to a07 .. havent noticed any diff so far.. and listed fixes wer not so relevant..

8. demon of dirt

demon of dirt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm gonna attempt to read through the whole topic(wish me luck!)

Before I do..

I got my 1557 (i7 720,6gb ram,1080p,w7 64bit) right at the start, ever since then I have been using it non-stop

Couple of problems I have had since getting it

-power supply is really really hot and on the wire coming out of the PSU the plastic covering the wires has snapped off exposing the wires.
    -firewire socket doesn't work with HDV camcorders (i had to buy a firewire ExpressCard)
    -sd card reader can't read any sd-hc cards I try (different brands), bought a card reader instead
    -subwoofer has never worked (I think), although i mostly use headphones

Before I read through the whole topic can anyone advise me if there was been any major updates (bios, hardware, etc) since the 1557 first came out that I should have got or any tips/tricks for making my 1557 better.

I should add I have the full dell 3yr support package but have yet to use it

Thanks!! :)

9. altoster

Reputations:
  10. luizbaiao

luizbaiao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've tried to install the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.7 and got to following msg:confused: :confused:

Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation, Version=2.0.3748.36820, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I have no idea what it means or how to fix it......:(

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me on it!!! :D

thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.