Dell Studio 1555, *Part 2*

Discussion in 'Dell' started by BatBoy, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tipoo

tipoo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nah, the wikipedia page for Core 2 Duo's under Penryn and Socket P has all of them, thanks though. I hope I can get the 9000 series cheap off ebay at that time, fingers crossed :D

I wonder if it supports the Mobile Core 2 Quad? Thats also Socket P. Sucks more juice though, obviously.

2. krazyphire

krazyphire Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Alright well good luck. Try to match these temps! lol, and thats with zune music and google chrome running

[​IMG]

3. tipoo

tipoo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well maybe when it has outlived its usefulness as a laptop, I'll take the innards out, attach an aftermarket liquid cooler, and just run it as a 24/7 server. Then I'll DEFINITELY beat your temps :D :D :D

Hmm, I wonder if anyones ever done that.

4. krazyphire

krazyphire Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    More than likely some laptop junkie has done that just don't fall into that spectrum haha.

Also on the T9000 series you'll probably see a decrease in battery life because they have increase in power with no enhancements as far as power management like the P series. Thats why I went with the P instead of the T

5. Terbo

Terbo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had an interesting glitch today. After installing a few windows updates, my audio stopped working and the Windows troubleshooters were no help. When I went into Device Manager it said that the drivers were disabled because they were not digitally-signed. Weird. I tried a reboot, reinstalling everything, system restore, manually updating drivers... nothing worked. The option to rollback drivers was greyed out. Finally I manually installed older drivers which, thankfully, I still had and everything is up and running again. Well, the OSD for volume isn't working... but I have sound!

Brett

6. Blackyblack

Blackyblack Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    How can I access the SAFE MODE during the boot?
    I tried F8, tried Fn+F8 during startup but doesn't work.
    I tried F12 but in the list of options there's no SAFE MODE.

I have a stock 1555 with Vista Home Premium.

thanks for the solution

7. Blackyblack

Blackyblack Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Since I was still unable to enter the Safe Mode with F8, I used a workaround:
    In MSCONFIG, Boot tab, check the Safe Mode box and restart.
    Do not forget to use again msconfig and remove the check mark before leaving the Safe Mode :)

I still dunno what is wrong with my F8!!

8. froxic

froxic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My F8 key works of for safe mode. Its maybe cause that i have in bios disabled multimedia key first, so the original F-keys are first.

9. Hydraxian

Hydraxian Newbie

Reputations:
    Lo guys,
    Im currently trying to output to an old tv over s-video (using a vga to s-video converter) but can't seem to get anything but a poor resolution black and white image. CCC doesn't appear to have the any tv-out options so i'm at a loss atm, anyone else have any luck?

10. donka

donka Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    You can't do this, the VGA output is not compatible with PAL/NTSC TV signals. You will need a converter box to convert the signal to the required standard. All the cable you will let you do is physically connect the laptop to the tv. This cable is only of use if the video card in the laptop correctly supports tv out through VGA which I'm not sure if this model does or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.