1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Dell Studio 1537 DVD drive issue

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by oakdeveloper, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oakdeveloper

oakdeveloper Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I am from India. I bought a Dell Studio 1537 with Sony OptiArc AD-7640 Slot Load SATA DVD+/-RW Drive last December in the year 2008. I have not used the drive for writing DVD's until a couple of days ago when I tried to write and found some problems. I tried to write a bootable ISO image onto a DVD-R disc. But after writing was successful, I was not able to read from the disc. I wasted three DVD-R discs in a similar way. Then I bought a DVD-RW disc to write. But my system was not able to detect the disc. Is there any issue with my drive or am I following any wrong procedure. This is the first time I am trying to write a DVD. So please help me.

Regards,
    Babu

2. Mercellus

Mercellus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Contact Dell Technical Support, perhaps the drive is defective.