dell screwed up the M4400 mouse driver AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by afhstingray, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afhstingray

afhstingray Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

the previous m4400 mouse driver wouldnt recognise the middle button....and now the new one dated 4th january wont recognise it either !!! this is getting really annoying...

running windows 7 x64

2. 2k5.lexi

2k5.lexi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Same sh*t - different day, uh?

Do you use touchpad or external mouse or trackstick?

Does W7 stock driver work?

3. Jonty

Jonty Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe just try Windows 7's native driver. I don't use the gestures or other advanced features of the Dell driver, so I just use the Windows 7 driver and it works perfectly (all the buttons work, no lag, no issues with USB mice etc.)

4. afhstingray

Reputations:
    i use the gestures, so im using the old driver from october. wonder how we can bring this to dell's attention. its pretty ridiculous that for a business machine they've messed up this badly with the driver.

i almost exclusively use the touchpad, only if my hands are damp i use the trackstick, and only when gaming i use an external mouse.

the really puzzling thing is the driver is for BOTH the latitude and precision notebooks, so why isnt it automatically detecting its been installed on the precision model?

5. tom_bell07

tom_bell07 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't use the third mouse button very often - aside from that this new driver feels much smoother. Both pointing stick and trackpad feel alot better to me at least. Been using new driver for a few days now.

6. afhstingray

Reputations:
    i use the third mouse button very often-because i set it to "click" in order to have an "extra large" left mouse button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.