Dell recalling 4.1 million Batteries (8/14)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by sureshot, Aug 14, 2006.

?

Are any of your batts. being recalled?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. No

100 vote(s)
    87.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaza

plaza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have any of you tried too get a free battery even though yours isnt affected, I did and they sent me one!

2. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yay, I get mine replaced. Thank God because I checked my battery wear and its already up to 22%. I hope Dell sends me the 9 cell battery that I bought.

3. xAMDvsIntelx

xAMDvsIntelx Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just got my replacement battery today :) I'm surprised that Dell was this prompt with this issue, especially after they told me it could take up to 75 days for a replacement - it took only 4 for me.

4. Hiker

Hiker Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Proud of yourself? :rolleyes:

5. harddoom

harddoom Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    was it replaced or extra?/ what did u say

6. streather

streather Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    anyone notice how similar things have happened to apple and i've heard rumours of acer having similar issues, yet dell is the one who gets the bad publicity?

also i noted the other day that after the recall was mentioned all over the news/papers in the uk the day after curiously dell shares on the ftse were up :)

kudos to dell for good customer service, although they said they'd phone me back the other day and im still waiting lol

7. vong85

vong85 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for you info. But I planned to use AC adapter to supply my power to my lappy. There are rumors that both Acer and Apple notebook face the same problem yet they kept it in low profile. Therefore, I guess there is no point in returning the notebook. And I've received it anyway, the battery is made in Korea, so I can relief a while until the next recall (hopefully there isn't any more recall).
    And regarding to your comment that computer isn't an investment, I actually don't quite agree with that. Indeed laptop itself doesn't increase in value over time yet it is the output that gives me the value in return. And the return is far more greater than the value in terms of money.

8. vong85

vong85 Newbie

Reputations:
    Well.. Some model of Dell really have to take up to 75 days for replacement. If not mistaken, XPS is one of them.

9. plaza

plaza Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well of course I m proud, Dell is replacing all the bad batteries made in the past 2 years, many people have already got a new laptop and some wont recall so there are many "spare" batteries that Dell doesnt need. When I called I told them that my batt exploded erasing the serial nr, when they asked me too send it as proof I told them I already threw it away, so they sent me one. So now I have 2 good batteries, you guys should try this too I mean ther is a small possibility that even if your lappy was made in August a bad batt got into you system without anyone noticing.

10. HomeSkillet

HomeSkillet Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.