Dell Precision M6800/M4800 sBIOS mod questions

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by XDbored, Jan 17, 2020.

1. XDbored

XDbored Newbie

Reputations:
    yesterday i bumbled my way through this guide http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/guide-dell-precision-m6800-m4800-sbios-mod.788481/

and now i am up to the point where i can look at and edit the BIOS for my M4800 which is currently version A25 but i am a noob at BIOS editing i know most of what i want to change is in ICC Profile 0 but which settings let me fully unlock my ratios or change bclk or memory speed/timings/voltage? i can change the PCIe Clock and turn off its Spread spectrum so that's nice i guess i can force a slightly higher overclock like 5% more from my K2100M without also BIOS modding that

but the big problem i have is this warning
    !!!But be careful: for BIOS modification to work, you should disable BIOS Signing Check feature inside the BIOS image - otherwise you'll break the laptop and the only way to restore is via programmer!!!

i don't know where to find said "BIOS Signing Check feature" within the image so i cannot flash any changes until i know how to turn it off since i don't think have a programmer for the M4800's BIOS chip even if the one i have did work i don't know where the chip is or how to remove it and put it back on so i would really rather not brick it

and my googling didn't turn up any guides for using "Flash Image Tool" or BIOS modding in general so i would very glad if someone could please tell me about these things and i went to reply my questions in the mentioned thread but it has been closed so i put my reply in this new thread instead

2. tdbone1

tdbone1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i have an m4800 also and if you get the bios unlocked so we can change overclocks in bios for cpu and cpu-gpu it would be great