Dell Precision M6700/M6800 Covet value?

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by CLASSIF1ED, Nov 21, 2021.

1. CLASSIF1ED

CLASSIF1ED Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    While I haven't seen any for sale lately, I do wonder: what should I pay for a M6700 or M6800 Covet? They're so rare it's hard to put a price on them.

2. nforce4max

nforce4max Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The m6800 covet especially when in good to like new condition is going to be pretty expensive even when compared to much newer models while the m6700 covet is usually cheaper mainly for the reason I've had to deal with is that the glass is prone to cracking. The downside to the M6800 Covet is that it will be LVDS which hurts it a bit as far as mxm upgrades are concerned while the M6700 Covet will be EDP with a 60hz RGB screen.

M6700 Covet in poor condition can sometimes be had for around $200 though in good will be around $600.
    M6800 Covet in fair to good condition will likely sell for around $600 while great examples is closet to a grand sometimes more but not too much more.

CLASSIF1ED likes this.
  3. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    sell me your M6700 Covet /s

And then there are people who ruin the market and build up M6800 Covets from spare parts. Even in poor condition they tend to go for ridiculous money, i.e a M6700 Covet I saw for go for $600 with a badly damaged case and not-high end specs.

4. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    hoh sh*t I bought a M6700 Covet on eBay earlier today :^) paid $400 for it, not too bad huh? @nforce4max

Specs aren't too special: 3840QM, K3000M and good condition with a few scruffs on the chassis and palmrest.

5. jbuildit

jbuildit Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Darn I sent an offer for $325 but he wasn't doing less than $400...glad someone in the community picked up one of those beauties. I'm tempted to pick up a Open Box covet screen I found a little while back for $120 but I don't know if it's worth it or not.

6. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    You mean the one in NYC? Yeah, I bought it. Had it shipped to my contact in the USA and it will be heading my way shortly, awaiting some other stuff I sent to him.

What CE lid, M6700 or M6800?

7. jbuildit

Reputations:
    M6700. It has some scratches on the plastic screen protector but I'm thinking the screen underneath that peel is unharmed. It still has factory seals on the front and back so it should be mostly ok.

8. CLASSIF1ED

Reputations:
    Oh, that one. Yeah I looked at it, too bad it's damaged, I only want NOS or A-grade parts for my Precisions.

9. nforce4max

nforce4max Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That screen cover isn't plastic as it is glass that is prone to cracking due to stress which is why Dell stopped making them and why replacement glass is so hard to find. I bought mine for around $200 for that reason but anyway near mint to NOS is next to impossible to find under a grand.

10. jbuildit

Reputations:
    I know the screen is glass, it’s one of the defining features. It has the factory peel on it and that’s all scratched up. And yea I wouldn’t get my hopes up to even locate an A grade covet panel a decade after release.