Dell Outlet Return Policy

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Dsveov, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Dsveov

Dsveov Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey,

Two days ago I ordered a new laptop from their outlet store, but it seems like I could've gotten a better deal if I had waited a little bit longer. What is their return policy for unopened refurbished laptops from the outlet store like? On their website they state that there's a restocking fee, but it's a little unclear if that also applies for laptops or not.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I would definitely prefer to ship back the computer I ordered and buy the one that is currently on stock before it's out again.

Also, this is my first time buying from their outlet store. I purchased a certified refurbished laptop, what should I expect blemishes-wise? It definitely wasn't cheap, so I'm kinda hoping the computer will appear brand new - regardless of which one of the two it'll be (the one that i originally ordered and the one that I want to get instead).

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  2. z31fanatic

z31fanatic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have returned two laptops to the outlet before and was not charged any restocking fee. Got all my money back. It takes 3-4 days after they receive the item back to refund you.

Dsveov likes this.
  3. margroloc

margroloc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered a refurbed inspiron 7559 from them in September of last year and it looked brand new. Not a scratch or a piece of dust anywhere. Inside was clean, everything worked. Sample size of 1 but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Worse case you can return.

Dsveov likes this.
  4. Dsveov

Dsveov Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah I actually just received the computer today, if I wasn't for the refurbished sticker I would think that it was brand new (not a single sign of anyone ever using it before me). I guess I will just keep it!

penguinslider likes this.