1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Dell Latitude D620 Review (pics, specs) Discussion

Discussion in 'Notebook News and Reviews' started by Charles P. Jefferies, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notnow

notnow Newbie

I have D620. It HAS a mic built in IN ADDITION to the mic port. IT IS IN THE UPPER RIGHT NEAR THE HIGE. If is crappy, but it works for VOIP (skype).

2. wingo

wingo Newbie

Hi, yesterday I bought a D620, after doing some research and trusting on what the salesman told me. The thing is that I need this notebook for work (word processing and internet) and especially (above all), for music creation, with midi controllers and programs. I know the D620 is intended for business and not for entertainment, but i only need a powerful and fast machine to create music (not to hear it, becasue i have studio speakers, nor to watch movies or anything) The thing is that i need to connect an external sound card via Firewire and I don't know it it has (Inspirons have, so i supposed this one would too) I e-mailed the salesman but no response so far, and, on the other hand, i'm VERY worried about the screen quality. I ordered the standard screen (WXGA). Should I cancel this bought and order another one?? please help me asap with this, thanks in advance.

3. wingo

wingo Newbie

hi, nevermind.. i already cancelled the order because it doesen't have firewire and also becasue i read lots and lots of comments about its bad quality screen. Now I'm searching for a notebook all over again...

4. Festival Merchant

Festival Merchant Newbie

Heya, does anyone know how well the Latitude D620 works with gaming?
    (with the nvidia graphics card)

5. esstee3

esstee3 Newbie

can anyone tell me if the d620 works with the PR01X Port replicator?. I currently have one of these running with my D610 (business use) and it is a consideration that i would buy a D620 for private use if i can use the same replicator as i have a monitor , printer , keyboard blah blah but do not want to have to muck around with disconnecting cables everytime i wanted to use another laptop. I have looked around and it is fairly confusing. Dell suggest it is compatible with all D-series laptops but do not specifically list the D620 ?!

Any help or experience apprecaited:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.