Dell Latitude D500?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by pwyels, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwyels

pwyels Newbie

Reputations:
    My wife gave me a $1,000 budget to get a laptop (our first). I can probably get her to agree to spend just a little more (maybe $1150 including tax, tops - yes, Dell charges tax where I live). I sold her on it by telling her that she can use it around the house while she is home with our new baby [;)], so it needs to be wireless and not too heavy. (She also authorized me to get cheap DSL and a wireless router.) We'll also use it for occasional light travel. We are not gamers, so we'll use it mostly for email and internet, wordprocessing, digital photo editing, and viewing DVDs on the road. We'll keep our old desktop, too.
    I'm looking for cheap Centrino packages, but I could be convinced to use a different processor. So far the leading contenders in my price range that I've found are the Dell Latitude D500 and the HP ZT300O. I've not been able to discover many reviews about the D500, though. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Very glad I found this site. [:)]

2. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter -

Reputations:
    Hi there, and thanks for visiting the site, I think you should take a look at this deal:

Toshiba Centrino Notebook $1025
    PCConnection.com has the Toshiba Tecra S1 Notebook Centrino Pentium-M 1.4GHz 256MB/30GB, DVD-ROM, 56K, NIC, Intel 802.11b, 9 Cell Battery, 14.1" TFT, USB2, TV-Out, Windows XP Pro 3year warranty, 6.4lb for $1025 with free shipping. (Search for "435988"). Also receive a Free Lexmark Z705 printer after rebate.

That offer gets you a lot of features for an amazing price and since you're on a budget but still want a good machine this fits the bill!

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  3. pwyels

pwyels Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks very much for the timely advice! [:D] I just took the plunge and ordered the Tecra S1 at $1025 (no shipping or tax). I'm sorry to report that I'm pretty sure that PC Connection has no more [in stock] at this price. I'm no techie, but I'd be happy to write back if I have anything worthwhile to report about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.