Dell Latitude 7490

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by powerslave12r, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫiͤcͫeͤ

Reputations:
    @shrine can you run moninfo and show us the exact panel name?

B140HAN? Because there are many variations of this panel with multiple different suffixes.

X1C6 FHD can come with either B140HAN01.x variants (the .0 is crap 6-bit garbage, the .1 is 6+2FRC standard ok-ish) and a BOE NVM panel according to someone on reddit.

2. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If I understand the data correctly then the notebook with the SLP panel has a nominal 41Whr battery and used about 34Whr of power in 9.57 hours, ie an average power drain of 3.56W. In comparison, the notebook with the standard panel has a nominal 53Whr battery (actually nearly 58Whr) and used 56Whr of power in 9.88 hours which gives an average power drain of 5.67W. This is over 50% higher than the SLP panel suggesting that the SLP panel combined with the bigger battery might be good for 15 hours.

However, as you note, the usage during the tests varied. Nonetheless, a significant increased in battery time will be of consierable interest to some users while others will give priority to the display quality.

John

3. powerslave12r

powerslave12r Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you so much for sharing. I do tend to use lower brightness levels, so it might still be worth it.

That said, please post some pics of the Carbon! I bet it's awesome.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018