1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Dell laptop - USA to India

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by akilis, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akilis

akilis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My friend has recently purchase Dell Inspiron 1545 in India for about
    Rs.35,000 ($740)
    Memory - 3 GB
    Harddrive - 320
    CoreTM 2 Duo Processor T6400
    Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
    with bluetooth, camera and card-reader.

Can I get better deal in US in about $740 or less.
    Because when I tried to configure from US dell site I didn't find better deals.
    I was getting almost the same as in India.

I want better deal with anything -
    price
    processor, graphics card etc

Second question -
    I read somewhere T8** are capable of HD but T6** are not.
    So I can't play HD content on T6** or what ?

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My guess would be no by the time you pay for shipping to India it would eat any cost savings. Plus if you buy locally you'll have a valid warranty.

3. ARom

ARom -

Reputations:
    Asus has an international warranty, you will get better hardware per $$$, fill in the faq.

<s>The K50IJ-A1 or K40IJ-A1 would be good, but they have integrated graphics.</s>

But the best bang for your buck right now is this: MSI EX625 16" gaming notebook $699: C2D 2.0GHz, ATI HD 4670 DDR3, 4GB, 320GB, N wireless

Also play with Xotic PC configurations, the Compal JHL 90 & MSI 1651 are on a blowout sale, ask them how they would cover your warranty in India. They ship internationally.

4. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    Forget it if you are shipping into india you are going to have to pay around 33% duties on the machine......i know im in the process of shipping over the sager NP8662....for a basic setup stick with dell india...for a gaming notebook id think of shipping then...
    Goodluck
    *P/S send me a email at blissfulmtness@yahoo.com.au or give me you email address i have something that may interest you*

5. akilis

akilis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry, forgot to mention.. will not be shipping. My friend will bring it from US

6. ARom

ARom -

Reputations:
    Tell him to check out the G50vt from BestBuy if you want the most bang for your buck, along with the ones I mentioned already.