Dell Inspiron 7577 - Teardown | Mods & Upgrades | Technical Details | Pics of Internals | Optimizing

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Maleko48, Dec 2, 2017.

?

Which hardware configuration do you have?

1. i5 7300HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

28.6%
  2. i7 7700HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

49.2%
  3. i7 7700HQ / UHD / GTX1060MQ

22.2%
  1. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried to change boot logo? I saw option in BIOS for this, but I'm unsure how this works and if it's save.

2. kanth1991

kanth1991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. B0B

B0B Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Should be TN. Great display and very color accurate.

I have one in my current daily machine. Really needs calibration. Default is too “cool”.

4. kanth1991

kanth1991 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    once again bob thank you so much ! I've ordered it and im receiving on monday!

B0B likes this.
  5. makenov

makenov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did my repaste and repad today using Gelid GC extreme ( for CPU + GPU) and Artic 0.5mm 6W/mk (for CPU VRM only). A significant temperature decrease although the core differential is still around ~10* C. Core #3 and Core #1 temps are very stable; but for Core #1 is not, spikes happening but at much lower peak. I think the reason is the factory pads are too thick (1~1.5mm) and affect the contact between the die and hs. My next plan is replacing the factory GPU RAM pads with thinner ones for better hs alignment.

Stress test suing Asus RealBench (15min)
    Before : -0.125mv
    upload_2018-12-18_12-10-21.png
    After: -0.125mv
    upload_2018-12-18_12-19-1.png

// A little bit disappointing with Dell's 2x3 screws, their heads are thin and the material is too soft, easy to wear out. I have replaced them with the amazon's screw set.
    upload_2018-12-18_12-42-37.png

Maleko48 likes this.
  6. dnnkeeper

dnnkeeper Newbie

Reputations:
    I received N156HHE-GA1 month ago and it is way oversaturated! I tried manually calibrating it using QuickGamma and CLTest and managed to achieve reasonably accurate colors (in comparison with my IPS desktop monitor that I test on lagom.nl) but it introduces pretty visible color banding that breaks gradients. I wonder if such a great deviation in colors is 'normal' for this lcd or no. Here is my 'calibrated' color profile where you can see a big dip in blue channel and global gamma curve lowering overall
    [​IMG]
    Here is my ICM color profile

7. DoctorRzepa

Reputations:
    Hey, do you think that changing pads for thinner ones could help in thermals? Have you tried changing all of the already?
    Also, Core #1 is the hottest one for me too (also much warmer than the others).
    As for the screws, try J1 screwdriver. Those screws are not actually Phillips, but JIS (as many others in electronics). Phillips screwdrivers tend to wear out JIS screws since they do not fit 100%.

8. makenov

Reputations:
    I have replaced all of the thermal pads and have decent results since thinner pads mean more pressure on CPU die, so better heat transfer. Core #1 seems to be the hottest one because it has the highest turbo boost clock, and also because of the uneven heatsink & die contact - Dell suck. Thinner pads would help improve it. And when you repaste, try to cover up any gap between the fans and aluminum fins to increase the airflow through these fins.

Thank you for the knowledge about type of screw :D I used to think that "cross" = Phillips. However, I think you should replace the Dell's original with better ones

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  9. DoctorRzepa

Reputations:
    Did you change all of thermal pads for 0.5mm ones?

10. makenov

Reputations:
    Yes I did, I applied 0.5 pads for VRMs VRAMs.

Dell heatsink is no perfect, may be my heatsink is different compared to yours. Make sure checking all the contact between VRM - Pads - Heatsink, especially at these pots in the picture, you may need to bend the hs for better VRMs contact.
    InkedDell 7577 Heatsink Removed_LI.jpg