Dell Inspiron 7577 - Teardown | Mods & Upgrades | Technical Details | Pics of Internals | Optimizing

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Maleko48, Dec 2, 2017.

?

Which hardware configuration do you have?

1. i5 7300HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

25.0%
  2. i7 7700HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

52.1%
  3. i7 7700HQ / UHD / GTX1060MQ

22.9%
  1. S1lentSymph0ny

S1lentSymph0ny Newbie

Reputations:
    If anyone is looking to replace their Inspiron 7577 screen with a 120Hz panel, the Chi Mei N156HHE-GA1 works with full brightness control.

Just replaced mine over the weekend and it's so much better than the stock LG panel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How much did it cost? Did you need to disassembly whole laptop or only screen cover?

3. S1lentSymph0ny

S1lentSymph0ny Newbie

Reputations:
    I paid around $120 (with some eBay coupons). I was unable to find a panel in the USA when I bought mine so I had to order it from China. This is the seller I bought it from: https://ebay.to/2l4gsAk

I did see some panels panel pop up recently being sold from San Antonio, TX: https://ebay.to/2MfBCaW

For disassembly you only need to remove the plastic bezel around the screen. I'll go ahead and let you know that the plastic clips make awful noises when removing/reinstalling the bezel. If you replace your panel I would be sure to unplug the battery before touching any connectors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    DoctorRzepa, bananam8nuk and Maleko48 like this.
  4. NB_Neenja

NB_Neenja Newbie

Reputations:
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    It will bulge less if you remove the blue foam pads but it fits as i have done it on a few 7577s and no one ever had an issue.

You can remove the pads and even reuse them later if you want to put them back.

B0B likes this.
  6. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This was detailed in the other main 7577 thread here on NBR a while back. It should probably come up if you search for "7mm" or "9.5mm" in that thread.

Sorry for your troubles.