Dell Inspiron 7577 - Teardown | Mods & Upgrades | Technical Details | Pics of Internals | Optimizing

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Maleko48, Dec 2, 2017.

?

Which hardware configuration do you have?

1. i5 7300HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

24.1%
  2. i7 7700HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

51.7%
  3. i7 7700HQ / UHD / GTX1060MQ

24.1%
  1. S1lentSymph0ny

S1lentSymph0ny Newbie

Reputations:
    If anyone is looking to replace their Inspiron 7577 screen with a 120Hz panel, the Chi Mei N156HHE-GA1 works with full brightness control.

Just replaced mine over the weekend and it's so much better than the stock LG panel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. DoctorRzepa

DoctorRzepa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How much did it cost? Did you need to disassembly whole laptop or only screen cover?

3. S1lentSymph0ny

S1lentSymph0ny Newbie

Reputations:
    I paid around $120 (with some eBay coupons). I was unable to find a panel in the USA when I bought mine so I had to order it from China. This is the seller I bought it from: https://ebay.to/2l4gsAk

I did see some panels panel pop up recently being sold from San Antonio, TX: https://ebay.to/2MfBCaW

For disassembly you only need to remove the plastic bezel around the screen. I'll go ahead and let you know that the plastic clips make awful noises when removing/reinstalling the bezel. If you replace your panel I would be sure to unplug the battery before touching any connectors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    DoctorRzepa, bananam8nuk and Maleko48 like this.
  4. NB_Neenja

NB_Neenja Newbie

Reputations:
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    It will bulge less if you remove the blue foam pads but it fits as i have done it on a few 7577s and no one ever had an issue.

You can remove the pads and even reuse them later if you want to put them back.

B0B likes this.
  6. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This was detailed in the other main 7577 thread here on NBR a while back. It should probably come up if you search for "7mm" or "9.5mm" in that thread.

Sorry for your troubles.

7. dbIsMe

dbIsMe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Came across somebody who snapped the screws in the caddy trying a 9.5mm. Be careful out there guys...

8. ianmoone332000

ianmoone332000 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Von. Wondering if you changed the panel?. I have the 7577 1050ti IPS version and i am also not happy with color reproduction

9. dbIsMe

dbIsMe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

Was wondering if anyone running Linux on the 7577 had bumblebee working? If so, were there any special steps to take, eg kernel parameters or configuration changes?

Thanks

10. jshq97

jshq97 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I would just like to add some information on the aftermarket IPS display upgrade situation :)

I have been researching for a while now the possible alternative displays that can be used to upgrade the awful stock LG WF6 panel that comes with the 7577. I have just installed a Samsung LT156HL02-002 panel and can confirm that it works flawlessly. Just to note that the backlight controls continue to work as expected with this particular panel and it is indeed plug and play.

It seems that this is not a very well documented panel online and requires some digging to get the correct specs.

I can confirm the specs are as follows (specific to my panel with an X-Rite i1Display Pro):

>Contrast Ratio - 947:1
    >Max Brightness - 303nits
    >Gamma - 2.37
    >DeltaE - 1.8
    >sRGB Coverage - 98%
    >Adobe RGB Coverage - 75%

I am unsure if there is a matte variant of this panel, the HL02-002 is definitely a glossy panel unless specified.

To my knowledge this panel has been used only in higher end workstation machines but cannot be sure. The closest evidence from an online source of even a similar panel being used is in the MSI PE60-2QEi581, this is the link to the display review of the HL02-002's cousin, the HL01 (https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-PE60-2QE-Prestige-Notebook-Review.145525.0.html) This gives you a rough idea of panel quality.

I haven't had a chance to check response times, but it doesn't seem any worse/better than the stock LP156WF6-SP-M3 I have switched from.

Please let me know if there is any way I can help fellow 7577 owners. I have done the thermal paste/underclocking stuff and done a few upgrades/mods myself (explains why I saw the original post!). I have great faith in this machine! :)