Dell Inspiron 7577 - Teardown | Mods & Upgrades | Technical Details | Pics of Internals | Optimizing

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Maleko48, Dec 2, 2017.

?

Which hardware configuration do you have?

1. i5 7300HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

24.1%
  2. i7 7700HQ / FHD / GTX1060MQ

51.7%
  3. i7 7700HQ / UHD / GTX1060MQ

24.1%
  1. Von Sohn

Von Sohn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 5577 probably has a TN panel according to what you're telling us.

The 7577 has an IPS panel, but color reproduction is pretty bad, they're washed out, muted. I changed the color peofile of the display, and it helped a bit, but there's a limit to what you can do. Blacks are great, viewing angles too, and brightness is not a problem at least to me.

I might try swapping the panel for something better. It's a pain in the arse to be thinking about it just after receiving the laptop, but oh well.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

2. GoHack

GoHack Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I went and ordered a refurbished 7577 w/the i7-7700 HQ CPU, 16 GB Memory (2x8 GB Sticks), GeForce GTX 1060, and the 3840 x 2160 IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display.

While I would of been fine w/the 5570, but it was the screen which I simply didn't like.

While cost wise, I could of gotten a 7577 w/the 1920 x1080 cheaper than w/the 3840 x 2160, but after seeing how bad the 1920 x 1080 screen was on the 5577, I didn't want to risk it.

Hopefully there's no issues w/a Refurbished model. I've been lucky in the past, plus it's cheaper, $1148.00, plus tax, vs. brand new w/the same hardware.

3. denolelli

denolelli Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for this great guide @Maleko48
    should i do the all BİOS and driver upgrades on dell site or there are some bad drivers/bios that shouldnt install?

4. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here are the drivers I use (green) and do not use (red).

FireShot Pro Screen Capture #001.png

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    denolelli likes this.
  5. denolelli

denolelli Newbie

Reputations:
    i thought installing new bios not a good idea because of limitations at CPU but it is in green zone... i have 1 more question , i already have w10 on computer and my bios is 1.3.2 should i upgrade *bios after format or before format?
    thanks...

6. Maleko48

Reputations:
    Makes no difference when you decide to update your BIOS... it is independent of your O/S installation for the mostpart. You also don't NEED to perform the BIOS update if you don't want to. I'm still on old BIOS myself.

7. denolelli

denolelli Newbie

Reputations:
    but at driver list bios is at green zone , why you are not using it? i was actually ask which drivers should i use to get most performance from 7577
    thanks...

8. Maleko48

Reputations:
    If anything the newest BIOS should be a little less performance due to the Spectre/Meltdown patch. Read up around this site, there's tons of additional info on it.

9. michae1

michae1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All!

New to the forum - @Maleko48 thank you for creating this!!

Wondering if people could please share the item code or description for the GPU on their build, if you have the one to similar to mine, let me know! Just ordered mine =D

Ordered this "New Inspiron 7577", and it would appear it doesn't have MAX-Q!!!!

I am praying it doesn't - should receive it by the end of next week and I will confirm for sure.

Please let me know if you have code NVIDIA N17E-G1 or NVIDIA N17P-G1

[​IMG]

10. michae1

michae1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Might have to change country code to Canada.
    http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell...d/inspiron-15-7577-laptop/ni157577_btsb_h605e