Dell Inspiron 7559

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by Xathos, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Dávid Nagy

Dávid Nagy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

I would like to ask for your help because I bought a 7559 a few days ago and I used a basically installed program Power Manager Lite in which you can set the maximum charge level in order to save the life of the battery. The driver version number was v11.5.2 as I remember. Since then I made a clean install and lost the System Recovery function so I installed manually the drivers. But now I can not find this driver anywhere on the internet.. Has anyone ever had this problem? From where can I download a usable Power Manager driver for my 7559? Thanks for your help in advance!

2. g8guard

g8guard Newbie

Reputations:
    Power Manager Lite is listed as Dell Quickset Application on their US Support website. Your can find the download for Windows 10 64 bit here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=Y8DK9

This is my first post since joining so hope I got this right. Good Luck.

micman likes this.
  3. Dávid Nagy

Dávid Nagy Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you very much for your help, it is working now! I didn't know it is in the Quickset application.

4. g8guard

g8guard Newbie

Reputations:
    Glad I could help you out. Had to search through my archive of setup files for my 7559 to discover the actual name. Dell uses both names depending on the computer model number...Go figure.

5. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I don't see anyone selling sets of screws for the 7559 on ebay anymore. Are there any other models where the same size screws would fit?

6. ursinecotcher

ursinecotcher Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, managed to break my screen by putting a stack of plates on top of my 7559 (used to a more rigid display backing, d'oh). Am struggling to find anyone who wants to sell me a LP156WF6 SPB1 or a LTN156HL01-102.

I'm being offered a LP156WF4-SPU1 or a N156HCE-EAA from a couple of different places. Any thoughts on either of these? Many thanks!

7. NecessaryEvil

NecessaryEvil Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I picked up a refurbished 7559 off the Outlet for $530 a couple weeks ago, got it last Thursday. HDD is crap, but that was expected. I'm getting some conflicting info: is the M.2 NVMe capable, or just SATA? I've got a SATA M.2 120GB in it right now, and quite frankly, if I get an NVMe, my Thinkpad will get it before the Inspiron will, but I'd still just prefer to have the correct info.

8. Black6spdZ

Black6spdZ Newbie

Reputations:
    I also got a Dell outlet refurb 7559 couple months back for ~$550 with i7 and 4k screen. Promptly added an additional 16GB DIMM I had for 24GB total, a 7260 AC wireless and a Samsung 256GB 850 Pro. I knew going into this that at least up until that point an NVMe M.2 SSD would not work. I would like to spark up a continued discussion though. Lets assume that Dell due to manufacturing costs used an M-Key M.2 socket instead of the proper B+M Key. I will also assume electrically it is not pinned for the M-Key use. With this said, B+M specs allow for these connections "PCIe x2/SATA/USB 2.0/USB 3.0/HSIC/SSIC/Audio/UIM/I2C" This has me wondering, so maybe an x4 NVMe SSD will not work in an x2 configuration or in this assumed improperly keyed socket. Fortunately there is a true B+M keyed, PCIe x2 SSD in the wild, the Plextor M6e(A). Has anyone here by chance tried this particular model? It is considerably faster than the fastest 850 PRO SATA and also uses AHCI protocol. This may be the ticket

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018 at 1:04 PM