Dell Inspiron 7559

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Xathos, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSkyline35

TheSkyline35 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well I think I might doing something wrong. Using the DELL Windows image on a USB, this is the menus I get :
    (sorry it's in french, words are for many of them very close to english, and just to show you if it is normal)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't find anywhere to choice to make a clean install on the SSD. All the option will recover or re-install windows on the HDD.
    Maybe should I use the cmd available from here and try to format the HDD, then reboot and booting on the USB and maybe it would launch a classic installation ?

EDIT :

FINALLY, I used windows creation tool to create a new bootable USB, and it worked like a charm. So, in few words about my issue :

- Can't change boot order ? Disable boot safety, chance UEFI to legacy, bam, you can chance boot order
    - Install a new version of windows on a computer already containing windows ? DON'T use Dell Image, download a new one, boot on the USB, format everything and install, done

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  2. Tensai47

Tensai47 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there someone who sells a custom chassis for this model?

3. Tensai47

Reputations:
    Same problem, it's a loose screw from the bottom base cover. If you tightened it but it's still coming off, that means that the screw lock on the bottom base cover is broken.

This part.
    upload_2017-4-2_3-21-36.png

4. juggar

juggar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Perhaps someone here knows the answer to this question, did the 7559 ever come with a 1080P touch screen option?

I ask because I just purchased one from Dell Outlet purporting to have one. I did choose the system over another because of that fact and also because it was the cheapest ($431 shipped).

The exact description is "15.6 inch FHD (1920x1080) touch display 0NJ2D" Looking into it, it would seem this is an IPS panel used in systems such as the 7558.

Worst case scenario I will threaten a return for false advertisement and get at least a $50 refund (which would make this a stellar deal IMHO) . But I would have liked to have the touch screen.

5. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got them to fix mine in Feb. but in record time it's started to separate again. It seems to happen from something as simple as opening and closing the lid. I haven't dropped or hit it on anything.

It's so annoying and I think it's affecting the adapter and maybe the sound on my computer too. When I first started noticed the separation starting last year mine would make this weird bogged down slow motion noise if I removed the adapter when I had any type of audio playing. Now I'm getting the "not charging" messages at times when I plug my adapter back in. I've tried this with more then one of them so the adapters aren't the issue.

I extended my warranty in Feb. because I had a feeling issues were going to continue. I miss using my old 17in Inspiron 5720 but that one has an issue of shutting down completely if the adapter comes out. That one started having weird issues with the adapter staying plugged in near the end of full time usage which contributed to me purchasing this 7559.

I'm so tired of dealing with Dell laptops and their weird issues and fighting with them to get things fixed.

6. Tensai47

Reputations:
    Did they replace ur chassis from bottom case to palmrest? If so, and if my intuition is correct, the hinge is probably very stiff that the chassis can't handle the stress.

7. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
  8. juggar

juggar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, it is a shame the VBIOS is locked on these machines. The 960m just isnt enough for me. I have mine running +135 and +600mhz and its still struggling on BF1 no matter the resolution. Almost as if its bandwidth starved. As soon as you render a large scene such as from an airplane or looking over a field the FPS just drops to like 38-40. Its mainly the huge framerate variance that I hate, game get all choppy.

The 1060 on my desktop 2560x1440 @ ultra runs the game so, so much better with a nearly consistent 60+ FPS in every scenario. I dont think even +300 Mhz on the core would do much for the 960m. It simply isnt good enough.

Selling this and getting a 1050 Ti or above laptop. 960m is unfortunately just too old at this point but it is a trooper ill give it that! Someone at Nvidia needs to be smacked in the mouth for selling the 960m as a rebranded 860. the 965m is always what the 960m SHOULD have been.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. JKnows

JKnows Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is no better option than this laptop unfortunately. The successor of this one with 1050ti is damn ugly and less good quality. The XPS 9560 with 1050 just a little faster and way more expensive. So better keep this one I guess.

Opps, i was wrong, I just found the real successor of this laptop, the Inspiron 5577 :). Finally, there is a laptop for to change.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  10. rippeer

rippeer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Anyone know how to get permit Dolby Atmos(for headphone on the headphone jack)

?
    I discovered if you download the Realtek HD package from thier website.

Then run it;. It will uninstall something, then reboot.

Upon reboot instead of having speakers/headphone in sound control panel you will haves

*speakers
    *headphones.

You can then enable Dolby Atmos for Headphone jack.

Windows will then after about a minute or 2 pop up and say you need to restart. IF/WHEN you restart it will go back to speakers/headphones in the sound control panel and you will lose spatial sound opitions for speakers/headphones

Does anyone know a way to keep
    *Speakers
    *headphone

Separation permantely to keep Dolby Atmos (for headphones)? I’ve also noticed upon resuming from sleep Dolby Atmos needs to be turned back on which is a few clicks.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.