Dell Inspiron 7559

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Xathos, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. struselix

struselix Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I recently bought this Laptop to replace my XPS15 9550 (which was twice the Price but nearly the same specs). I think the inspiron is really worth the Price. Well...the wobbling screen could be better but it`s ok. The one Thing that disturbes me is the Keyboard Flex. Did s.o. find a way to some Kind of fixing it. Would a Keyboard replacement maybe fix it (put s.th. beneath)? I read about some users here having no Flex.

2. kisetsu17

kisetsu17 Took me long enough

Reputations:
    When I opened mine up to repaste it I noticed that the keyboard was a bit unclipped on one side. Maybe you can check to make sure yours are clipped in properly. It has flex nonetheless but it's bearable for me. It's really just the tactile feel and the tendency to sometimes double-press a letter.

3. rfreeman11

rfreeman11 Newbie

Reputations:
    I kind of think I know the answer here, but I am gonna ask anyway. Just ordered one of these from Dell Outlet, so my choices were very limited (but the price was VERY right!) I will pickup an m.2 and 8 gigs more of RAM, but does anyone know is I can replace the 1080 screen with a non touch UHD screen? I would assume the the Touch panel is going to have different connections than my non touch does. Any thoughts would help.

4. Rowan

Rowan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are there any directions anywhere on how to change out the keyboard or to see if it's connected all the way? I tried to find a YT video for it like there are for other laptop fixes/etc. but couldn't find anything, One other issue I'm having is the palm rest area on the right side is making this squeaking noise when I press down on it.

5. kisetsu17

kisetsu17 Took me long enough

Reputations:
    Currently at work so I can't link it to you, but there's a service guide for the Inspiron 15 7559 on the Dell pages. IIRC you just have to unscrew the keyboard from the underside and use a plastic card or guitar pick to pry the keyboard out the clips of the top cover.

6. johnnydugood

johnnydugood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I replaced the Intel 3160 with the Intel 8260 no drops - great speed, very stable - paid about $20 for it - definitely worth it - I also replace the standard hybrid drive with a 480gb m2 for my boot and placed my Samsung EVO 500GB SSD for my storage - replaced the memory with GSkill matching DDR 3 low latency - boot into WIn 10 desktop in about 7 seconds from the dell boot screen - all and all good top so far

7. zazu

zazu Newbie

Reputations:
    Just picked this up on Friday and immediately replaced the HDD with a Samsung EVO 850 (500GB), reinstalled Windows and installed Samsung Magician. It says that AHCI is not enabled, however after looking at the settings in the BIOS, it is enabled.

Does anyone have any suggestions / idea? Does anyone else have this "issue" or anomaly?

8. Marco G

Marco G Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys i really need help to figure it out which is the best way to clean the 7559. and if there is a way to prevent the fingerprints that would be also useful although is not a major problem for me. Any suggestions?

9. glewarne

glewarne Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just got me one of these, coming from an Acer Aspire Nitro 592G. Unfortunately the motherboard on my Acer died
    and so it was prime candidate for "spares"

The i7 6700HQ in my new dell compared to the 6300HQ that was in my Acer more than makes up for the drop from DDR4 to DDR3L. That, and the extra 2gb on the 960m is a nice bonus too.

I swapped out the (crappy) Intel WiFi for the QCA61x4A I took out of my Acer, its a AC Dual Band MiMo 2x22 card compared to the intels 1x1. I found the Intel WiFi a little unreliable and slow, even with the latest 19 series drivers. I also added another 8gb of identical DDR3L, swapped the HDD for a 512Gb EVO 950 and also added a Samsung OEM M2 128gb SSD for the OS, also pulled out of my Acer.

My Dell came with the LG screen, which was rubbish compared to the LG IPS (its the "superior" model lots of you have switched to) in my acer, so I swapped that over as well (as a bonus, still have the original one as a spare for the future)

After doing all that, I figured I could never get used to the super rattly trackpad in the Dell, so I fixed that too - not for the faint of heart and requires some careful application of force to remove the top cover.

I fixed the rattle by unclipping the trackpad module, putting a little square of foam in the dome button "hole", and also two very, very tiny foam squares attached with the smallest piece of double sided tape ever used by human kind on the front "lips" of the trackpad, where they sit into the notches in the top cover. Carefully aligned it all up and snapped the clips into place - voila - Firm, non rattle, duller-click trackpad that feels remarkably like the one on my work Mac.

Overall id rate this machine higher than the Acer Nitro - its cooling system is far superior, the chassis is much better build and a lot less flimsy. I actually quite like the firm, solid bulk of it.

Everyone needs to be careful of the plastic clips on the screen bezel - the other half that they clip onto on the back cover of the display are very brittle - two of mine snapped (one on each side) and when reattached it no longer sat flush to the screen surface. I fixed that with (very!) careful application of tiny amounts of superglue.

While I had everything apart I figured I may as well repaste with MX-4 as well.

10. UltimateXtreme

UltimateXtreme Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, Stanley. I've been going through your posts, and I see you had (or still have) the LTN156HL02-301. I've managed to get my hands on this display, and it's really great, and I can confirm it looks better at an angle than head-on. Also, would you mind sharing the color profile you found? I've searched really hard, but nothing fruitful. The default display has a greenish-yellow tint, but fortunately no bleed.
    I'm using a 2014 Lenovo Y50-70, display SDC5344 glossy, for reference.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.