Dell Inspiron 7000 gaming laptops

Discussion in 'Dell' started by cj_miranda23, Jan 4, 2017.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sorry, I meant something less than 4k. UHD is it?

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My dell has 1920x1080 and its great.

3. Fbh

Fbh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys.

So I got my 7567 This week with the 4k screen since it was on sale and it's the only way to get a IPS in my country right now (Dell itself confirmed to me that they currently arren't selling the 1080p IPS version).

Anyway, so far I'm really happy with it. I love how it looks, the performance is great and the screen is pretty great.

The battery life is quite dissapointing though. I was expecting it to be worse than the 1080p models but only by mabye 2 hours or so. Currently while browsing and doing a bit of downloading on the back (not allways) I get around 4,5 hours from a full charge. It makes me worry there might be something wrong with my device when I read reviews saying the 1080p version lasted for like 11 hours while browsing. I was expecting like 7 hours or so but 4 and half is pretty low

Anyone else with the 4K version? Is this normal or should I be contacting Dell?

4. gringo_cro

gringo_cro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have 4K model, and battery life is about the same, I'm not too worried because i mostly use it on charger, try updating to latest bios (v1.0.7 ), after update i think machine runs slightly more quieter (thou i could be wrong because i got used to it's noise :))
    P.S.
    Does your 4K screen has backlight bleeding?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  5. Ramzay

Ramzay Notebook Connoisseur

Reputations:
    The FHD (1920x1080) IPS display on this laptop is average, while the UHD (4K) display is really good. I'm not talking about the pixel density (which is obviously higher on the UHD panel) - I'm talking about brightness, colour space coverage, viewing angles and colour accuracy. That's why people often go for the UHD display - it's just a better display panel.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ok, fair enough. I know that the panel I have in my 13 5000 2 in 1 was rated really bad by reviewers using meters etc....HOWEVER, in the real world, it is actually quite good. I read reviews after I bought it, and thought, well that's getting sent back. Howver, once I fired it up. It is NOTHING like what the reviewers had said. I don't know if dell changed it for something else or whatever. All I know, is it is very good and I see no need to change it, or upgrade if you were thinking about it. That one also goes for my wifes 11 3000. it's display is very good too. We were using an MacBook, and 2 surface 3s before our dells.

7. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    LOL whats your point by that ? dont say that LOUD sound from exhaust fan LOL, maybe you mean the laptop speakers right ? this one has 2 speaker and 1 subwoofers ?

8. Ramzay

Ramzay Notebook Connoisseur

Reputations:
    I mean the exhaust fans, yes. I measured them at over 50dB(A), which is close to what Notebookcheck got as their results - 47dB(A). That's loud.

I quote: "Under load the fans speed up quickly and produce a noise close to 47 dB(A). Headphones or speakers set to a loud volume are required in order to drown out the fan noise. "

9. TheRealJohnp

TheRealJohnp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are you able to overclock the display at all? I'm trying to find out because the old model could OC up to 100Hz but so far there's no info about the new model. http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ur-laptop-monitor-intel-intel-optimus.802167/ For the FHD IPS model that is

10. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    wow thanks for the information then, really help. so about the temperature under load or while playing gaming, is it really hot or something? would you mind to post here some HWmonitor result please ?