Dell Inspiron 5577 Questions

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by wellhung, May 3, 2017.

1. Tax

Tax Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anybody know how to stop the fans for this laptop? My CPU is sits at 30-33C and the fan is running audible. It should not even run at all until 80C in my opinion.

2. Rohit Bharti

Rohit Bharti Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry it is a long post, but hope you'll read it and Help Me!!

Recently i purchased the Dell Inspiron 5577 it has an intel i5 7300hq soon as i purchased it and played games on it i noticed that everything was working fine and max cpu frequency was as described 3.46~3.5Ghz , so i tried to lower the temperature by undervolting my cpu, I downloaded intel XTU and did a stress test , the results were - Max cpu freq 3.46~3.5Ghz max cpu temp went upto 78 ° C then i did an undervolting of -100mV because i have read in a forum that it was stable for the dell 5577 everything went fine after that except for one thing after the undervolting my CPU never went upto 3.5 Ghz the max CPU frequency after undervolting was only upto 3.10Ghz max , i panicked and reset the core offset voltage to an in between value of -70mv but the results were same , max cpu freq went only upto 3.1 Ghz , now i have the core offset value set to 0mv again and no affects same max cpu frequency of 3.10 Ghz the laptop is brand new and i m afraid of what happened , please help anyone if you can.

3. JKnows

JKnows Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    3.1 GHz is the right frequency for i5-7300HQ on all cores. 3.5GHz only on one core possible. So you did not screw up anything, it is just the way as the CPU working.

4. Rohit Bharti

Rohit Bharti Newbie

Reputations:
    But previously without the settings applied in the same stress test (intel XUT one) it was showing me a max of 3.5 Ghz but after the undervolting it showed max of 3.1 Ghz only thats y i m afraid.

5. Rohit Bharti

Rohit Bharti Newbie

Reputations:
    I am experiencing strange results, i was playing battlefield bad company 2(while charging the laptop) which is relatively an old title now for this laptop to handle but the temperatures were going to high 80s and once it reached to even 98 degress i panicked and closed the game,now i am afraid of playing another game, without charging the temperatures are low but because the game runs on optimal power mode on battery that means low fps + low cpu + gpu usage, the laptop is 10 days old only and i am afraid please help.

6. custom90gt

custom90gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You were either missing something or only stressing one core. Try stressing one core and see what you get. Your undervolt would not change anything.
    Here is the turbo scheme for the 7300hq:
    3500 MHz (1 core)
    3300 MHz (2 cores)
    3100 MHz (3 or 4 cores)

7. custom90gt

Reputations:
    What are you afraid of? Different loads will cause different temps. The GPU and CPU will throttle to protect itself. If you're concerned about lowering the temps look into undervolting.

8. Rohit Bharti

Rohit Bharti Newbie

Reputations:
    but is this game heavy enough to cause this much of a high temperature on my laptop? the laptop has a good thermal design , i'have seen in youtube videos that it don't even exceed 80 for more heavy games than that so , i wanted to know that should i be afraid? have i got a faulty laptop? should i contact dell for that?

9. custom90gt

Reputations:
    If it runs hot all the time there could be an issue. If your game is going into the 90s it's not likely a problem. Try it again and see what happens. Try other games as well.