Dell Inspiron 5577 Questions

Discussion in 'Dell' started by wellhung, May 3, 2017.

1. JKnows

JKnows Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Taking so long to ship, maybe they little short with this model. Ordered with Core I5 this time, because I was always clocking back my I7-6700HQ in my current model with Throttlestop, so I gues I5 will be better for silent gaming.

2. wellhung

wellhung Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hope you get it soon. Would love to compare. I live in Canada and this thing had to be shipped from the US. I never had to wait that long for a laptop before.

I haven't had any restart after I updated with generic drivers for:

1. Intel stuff using Intel Driver Update Utility (video, chipset, bluetooth, wifi, etc.)
    2. GeForce using Nvidia Experience.
    3. Realtek Audio from their website.

Maybe it was just the graphic drivers because, this is important for future owners, I had to disable HW Acceleration in Chrome to stop the annoying lags (system freezes up to and maybe more than 3 seconds) when browsing, often. It's a known issue apparently.

Come to think of it, I always have Chrome open.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tests you were providing at the first page. Scores really nice, but you gives me concern with the fan noise. So it is actually not exactly the old Inspiron 7559? On pictures looks exactly the same, but maybe got cheaper fans?

4. wellhung

Reputations:
    It's probably the same. Is the 7559 noisy? I come from an older laptop that doesn't have two fans though and wasn't close as powerful. It's probably normal.

This is partially why I made the thread. To compare to other 5577 owners.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 7559 not noisy at all, expect when I flash bios. Than both fans at full throttle, for the time the bios flash happening. During gaming i do not notice half the noise, if i do desktop works, than noiseless with ssd. The 7559 and than 5577 have three exhaust, while other laptops usually just two or only one. That is big benefit, less fan operation necessary to keep temperature in the good zone. So i curious for 5577, maybe Dell set fan rotation for more agressive in this model.

6. wellhung

Reputations:
    What kind of games are you running. Mind you it doesn't go full throttle all the time, and it has different levels. My inexperienced ears wager 4 fan speeds. They will wind down eventually, and then goes up again depending the temp I guess. But the highest the fans can go are rather loud IMO.

7. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I play gta v, battlefield, resident evil 7. I think they use the resorces, but laptop stays cool and quiet, definietly if i compare to my earlier Acer Aspire V Nitro 15 with single fan. It should also run more quiet than the, inspiron 7567, since that a craper version of this.
    However they might, changed on the hardware or on the fan settings of this new inspiron, need input from more people.

8. JKnows

Reputations:
    Hold on, it is on the way, coming to Europe by USPS. I'll compare carefully with 7559.

9. wellhung

Reputations:
    Do you have it yet? There's an Amazon.com reply from a Dell rep that says the 5577 has a better display than the 7000 series. It's still anti-glare, how do I know if it's tn or ips? Are all matte, tn?

I think the viewing angle is good and color doesn't change (just the brightness) in every angle.

10. JKnows

Reputations:
    Unfortunately the stupid USPS sent it to Australia, but I am in Austria. Got to wait more, at least an another week, if they reroute the package hopefully.
    The screen should be TN, matte. Matte is the good screen, but not the TN. I checked also the Amazon reviews and i'll change to IPS matte, for the one they suggested.