Dell Inspiron 17r SE 7720 bios mod and overclock

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Baboo85, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Baboo85

Baboo85 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 17r SE 7720 with an unlocked A12 bios, I need some help with options and overlock.
    Why the unlocked bios? Mainly because I wanted to get rid of the useless HyperThreading that brings problems to many games (in fact now the 4 cores are fully used instead only the first one. Finally).

With the modded bios it seems that the CPU isn't throttling anymore, it just stays at 100% of the power indicated in the Power Options (by default I set the Maximum Processor State to 98% to avoid Turbo Boost random activating during normal use, but if I set it to 100% it stays in Turbo Mode constantly).

There is someone with a modded bios that can help?

Second question is: overclock. "Bla bla bla, you shouldn't do it on a laptop".....stop that. I don't care.
    I've been overclocking CPU and GPU of notebooks (where possible) since a Toshiba A100 of 2008, I know what I'm doing and even if the notebook passes away I have another one more powerful waiting for me.

Said this, I'm searching for help to overclock the CPU and the GPU.
    I have an i7-3630QM @2,40GHz (Turbo 3,19GHz) and I want to try some overclock, but the unlocked bios have strange entries that I've never seen before.
    And for the GPU, with nVidia Inspector I can only go +135MHz on the core (from 835MHz to 970MHz) and +800Mhz on memory (to be stable and avoid game crashes, from 2GHz to 2,8GHz) but I read online that this gem can go further.
    Can someone help me?

Thank you very much