1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Dell Inspiron 15R Special edition (7520)

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by lucjuh8, Jun 5, 2012.

1. lucjuh8

lucjuh8 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The new Ivy Bridge CPU's finally come to Dell, in the Inspiron series is the 15R special edition one of the first ones to get Ivy bridge. This topic is for owners, if there are any already and people who are interested in this notebook. This notebook is already for sale in some countries across the world but not yet in the US.

Australia: Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell Australia

Singapore: New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell Singapore

The Netherlands: Nieuw! Informatie over de Inspiron 15R Special Edition-laptop | Dell Nederland

Vietnam: New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell Vietnam

Malaysia: New! Inspiron 15R Special Edition Laptop Details | Dell Malaysia

Belgium: Nieuw! Informatie over de Inspiron 15R Special Edition-laptop | Dell België

United kingdom: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd?oc=n0015s10&model_id=inspiron-15r-se-7520

[​IMG]

2. oodLes

oodLes Newbie

Reputations:
    Bought this yesterday after speaking with some dell reps and wanting a proper HD screen in a 15", looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

Currently my order status says 'work in progress' and I should get it within 2 weeks from now.

3. Skareem2

Skareem2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i like them i just want to knw y dell removed the numeric keypad .... i mean hp did this an ppl complained and then they brought it back .... y remove stuff you had before ........... and dell really need to move their speakers back to the top but it's still an option in my book .................
    speaker placement i can live with no keypad kind of a deal breaker

4. Kaso

Kaso Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Spec highlights:

• Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor (6MB cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • 8GB 2 DIMM (4GB x2) DDR3 1600Mhz
    • AMD Radeon HD 7730M DDR3 2GB
    • 15.6" FHD Anti-glare (1920x1080)
    • Skullcandy Speakers (2x 2W)
    • Up to 1TB SATA hard drive (5400RPM)
    • 6-cell 48WHr Li-Ion Battery
    • (3) USB 3.0 + (1) USB 3.0 PowerShare
    • 1.19” ~ 1.34” (H) x 14.88” (W) x 9.92” (D)
    • 6.098lbs (starting weight)

[​IMG]

The keyboard looks very similar (perhaps identical) to that on the current XPS 15 L502X:

[​IMG]

5. Skareem2

Skareem2 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    it most likely is that's why im guessing they took out the number pad so inspiron and xps and vostro 15" will share the same key bed one without back lite the other with

if you check the keyboard on the 17r special edition it looks like the same keyboard as on the current vostro 17 to cut cost share the same keybed across as much systems as they can.

i like the design but since a number pad is a deal breaker ill have to go with the 17r special edition ............ still waiting to see what the new XPS will look like and offer before deciding

6. oodLes

oodLes Newbie

Reputations:
    Going out on a limb here but I don't think 95% of dells intended market with this give a fu about a numpad. That's what the 17" has been for all along?

7. RandomChampion

RandomChampion Newbie

Reputations:
    seeing this, I am going to cancel the order i placed today for HP Envy 15 lol

8. bananam8nuk

bananam8nuk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    add the UK to that list:smile:

me too:D

same spec as above,,,,

i was kinda thinking the L521X but when specs for the R SE were posted i thought i had to go for this, got some employee scheme discount (non dell) and buy now pay at some point, sorted

if this turns out good given the falling price of SSDs, I will get a 256GB SSD for this, which will do me, as already have a desktop, for storage etc,

the only other thing is this WIDI thingy what do i need to get it to work?

and the instant turn on using an optional mSATA Flash memory drive (32GB) is this worth the purchase?

9. uberanderson

uberanderson Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Talked to Dell and the 32GB mSATA option isn't available in the UK models at the moment. They don't know when they will be available yet.

10. bananam8nuk

bananam8nuk Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks wiil do, least of my problems, dell uk advertise it comes with a backlit keyboard but it doesnt, not happy