Dell Inspiron 13 5378

Discussion in 'Dell' started by RTFMFred, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RTFMFred

RTFMFred Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

I started my new Inspiron 13 5378 for the 1st time a couple of days ago and think I may have accidentally moved some folders during a stuff up when I was having an initial look around - embarrassing !!

If i did move any folders they are only likely to have been source driver or utility folders, and I've taken a backup now but but I'd still like to do a tidy up if I did move anything. The laptop is working fine.

If anyone has a similar new Dell laptop and wouldn't mind confirming the initial C: folder layout I'd be very grateful

I've displayed hidden files and folders since the possible folder move, here are the folders that I see at the root level c:\
    Apps
    Dell
    Drivers
    Intel
    Perflogs
    Program Files
    Program Files(86)
    Program Data
    Recovery
    Users
    Windows

Should there be any other folders here ?

Any help would be most appreciated
    Thanks

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Looks good to me. I have two extra folders one called $getcurrent and $sysreset. I am not sure if they are windows/dell or something else.

EDIT: just looked these are folders from an older windows update. I just deleted them and got 4 gigs of storage back.

3. RTFMFred

RTFMFred Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks kojack

Ive been away from this for a while, I'll get back to it again sometime this week and do some final updates and checks before handing the laptop over to my son.

4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No problem. Those two files I pointed out are useless. just delete them if they are on your device. All the rest are as mine is!