Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. jak781

jak781 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Me too - all settings on low, but i cant belive that between i5 and i7 is huge difference like this (about 100fps) :eek:

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Perhaps it's the extra threads that helps. I'm not sure...

3. fayth

fayth Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    extra 4 threads will help u on multitasking task.

btw i have 4 + 8 RAM configuration on my dell 7577 i5 model right now.
    is it 4gb + 4gb RAM faster than 4+8 configuration RAM ?
    btw all running with 2400mhz

4. skhynix

skhynix Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I have an audio issue with the 7577 that has been bugging me for more than 2 weeks.
    It started when I was annoyed by the fact that the audio didn't work with the headphones ( a minor issue, compared to the current state).
    It would just work on the speakers if you didn't connect your headphones to the jack before booting. (the realtek driver does not recognize speakers/headphones as separate outputs). The audio was just fine, though.

The major issue started when I decided to update the driver...The realtek audio was horrible, with no bass and grainy, hollow sound quality. I tried to roll back, but there was no option at device manager, nor on my PC.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers from both dell and realtek,and also through windows update, but it still sounds terrible. Also tried installing some of the older drivers, it didn't fix the solution. Disabling/uninstalling wavesmaxaudio, disabling sound enhancements made no difference at all.

As for a temporary solution, I am just using the default HD driver for windows, but it comes with it's own set of issues. The bass issue and distortion is fixed, but it still isn't as good as before updating. The soundstage is narrow, there is a distinct and frequent pop before playing audio, and there is some latency issue when right clicking.

I know it's not my headphones, as i have used it with both my phone and my other laptop without any issue. I have searched around the internet and I have found only 2 relevant links (1) (2) for the issue (on dell forums).
    I have tried each and every solution from that thread, none of them worked.
    Short of a factory reset(which I really don't want to do, as I don't want to reinstall/download pictures, documents, games, video editing software), I'm not seeing any solution to this problem.
    I would be really thankful if someone helped me resolve this issue.
    EDIT:
    I'll post this on the dell forums too, will inform back if I find any solution.

5. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you see my post recently? It's a Windows 10 issue in general. It does seem to coincide specifically with recent generations of Realtek and Intel hardware/drivers more heavily though. This issue is on my list of To-Dos as well. I may try seeing if a Win7 driver can be forced to work. I'll have to double check if the issue is present at all on my Win7 install first tho.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  6. Manliness

Manliness Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys. Does the model with 4K panel, an i7 and 1060 MQ have a NVME slot for the SSD? I want to change the stock sata SSD with a Samsung Pro Evo 250GB.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  7. Wertzius

Wertzius Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, sure. But don't change a 256GB SATA against a 256GB NVME, there won't be a feelable difference.

Changing the M.2 SSD is a terrible job at this machine. You have to disassemble the whole laptop.

A Big SATA 2,5" SSD might be the better choice.

8. Wertzius

Reputations:
    double post

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  9. Manliness

Manliness Newbie

Reputations:
    I was thinking of changing the 128GB Sata SSD with the Samsung NVME.

10. Wertzius

Reputations:
    Good idea, but a pain to accomplish.

128GB for Windows and programs and a big SATA SSD might be the better choice.