Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. jak781

jak781 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have i5 7300HQ, 8GB ram and 1060 max Q 6gb and i have about 50-110 fps on very low-medium settings, but it's dropping sometimes to 40, for example when i'm driving by car or when i jump down from plane. Could you show me your settings in nvidia control panel? (maybe some screenshot?)

2. LilM

LilM Newbie

Reputations:
    This is when the laptop is plugged in: everything is standard except for 'Prefer Maximum Performance' under power. There is a +100/+100 overclock to the GPU but that's probably 1%.

The real boost came from switching the game from windowed mode to full-screen, there is some weird interaction with the iGPU when it's borderless window. I was getting horrible stutter; give that a shot.

There are some drops, mostly at the match start.

3. jak781

Reputations:
    What does it mean? I dont understand :/ soo maybe show me your graphic settings in PUBG, i try set the same like yours and then check fps. And what about drivers? Do you use for example Driver Booster to update drivers? Or just install updates from Dell official site?

4. LilM

LilM Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry, 100+ Core / 100+ Memory overclock via MSI Afterburner. The 1% implies its probably a very small gain.

I had formatted the harddrive with a clean windows install to remove any manufacture software. I did not use DDU to clean install.
    The Nvidia drivers I used were the latest ones: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12486/nvidia-releases-39101-whql-driver

5. jak781

Reputations:
    Ok, PUBG is fine.. and CS:GO? How many FPS do you have? I have 120-180 FPS and i think it's too low..

6. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Seems normal to me, you're limited by the speed of your CPU. The 7700HQ would have been a better choice for CS GO but would not be groundbreaking. Outside of getting something with desktop or unlocked processor you're out of luck in getting 200+ FPS.

7. jak781

Reputations:
    Ok, i understand.. but if i watch this: , where guy has 200-300 FPS on:
    CPU:- intel core i7 7700HQ @ 2.8GHz GPU:- NVIDIA GeForce gtx 1060 3gb max q. He has better CPU, but worse GPU and he has 100 FPS more than me... it's weird for me ;/

8. LilM

LilM Newbie

Reputations:
    I'll go back to my comment on fullscreen vs borderless window. While I don't understand why 100%, there appears to be some major gains (at least in my testing) between the two. Give that a shot.

9. jak781

Reputations:
    So which one is better? Fullscreen or borderless window? In PUBG i have more FPS on fullscreen mode, in CS GO i checked only fullscreen mode, i didnt try to play on window

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    GPU doesn't play a huge role in CS GO, CPU trumps it. What are your settings? He's got everything on low.