Dell Inspirion 7577

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Sugil1844, Aug 30, 2017.

1. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If doing on 7577 you will mainly feel issue with wifi card(maybe with Ethernet card also but i dont remember exact model in this laptop; still waiting for mine to arrive).
    Wifi and GPU drivers will only be main issues in hackintosh.

Update: GPU drivers are not issues and tgey have got intel 7260 and 8260 to get recognized by os.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

Maleko48 likes this.
  2. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, its me again. After spending $60 to acquired the 7920HQ BGA CPU and replaced it, well it works. But the results, not much gain from default stock 7700HQ and during replacement, accidentally broke the battery header (the system will not boot without battery, weird, forced me to DIY a new header for it). Done the CPU, now come to the screen upgrade. I found this panel B156HAN04.5 , specs are nice, WCG, IGZO, 120Hz, and based on the dimension and cable it fit our 7577/7567. Price also decent ($102 with free shipping on Aliexpress). Could this working fine without the brightness issue like some other 120Hz panels?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    LilM, MasteR's and polihedron like this.
  3. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was getting a kernel panic last time I tried booting into the installer itself. Based on the console output it looks like its because I need to integrate touchpad drivers (VoodooI2C) into clover manually but I'm not 100% sure how to get it all working just yet. I need to read up more on patching a few things in order to get it working on a laptop hackintosh rather than desktop hardware that is considered the norm for Hackintosh installs and guides, etc.

I also have a really well done Dell7567 how-to linked in my other main Dell7577 thread. I am using that as a base at least.

vibhawa likes this.
  4. MasteR's

MasteR's Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow CPU soldering. Unlocked CPU wasn't possible on 7577?

5. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    7577 supports it but I dont think it will support overclock with multipliers. TBH, I dont even think our 7577 cooling system can handle OC, even with stock 7700HQ and it reached 8x when under full load

6. vibhawa

vibhawa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So finally I got mine today. I feel that bezels are a little bit loose specially in the bottom
    If you press in bottom near Dell logo you can head a click. Is this only with me or anyone else has noticed this.

Sent from my Z2 Plus using Tapatalk

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    You can pull the bezel off and reattach it. I did it a few times on the last one i had. Also when the lid is closed looking at the back of the machine make sure you dont see a gap there because there are clips along the hinge part that sometimes are not attached properly at the factory.

vibhawa likes this.
  8. jak781

jak781 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, how many FPS do you have in games? CS:GO and PUBG, graphic settings very low?

9. LilM

LilM Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey spektykles, can you post a bit more on this? The idea of this machine with a 7920HQ is mind bending! Do you know if the 7300HQ unit would support a CPU replacement (I'm assuming no difference between the 7700HQ & 7300HQ units).

A mini instruction guide or lessons learned would be awesome (The battery Cap for example).

Thank you

10. LilM

LilM Newbie

Reputations:
    Pubg at High, with latest Nvidia drivers [391.01] @ 1080p is getting easily 60FPS with the 7300HQ line.